Community_discussions_small  

Question

Reefs & Rainforests (Start Sydney) 12 May 2013?

12 Mar 2013 Ashleigh asked

Ashleigh

Is anyone else doing Reefs & Rainforests starting in Sydney, departing 12 May? I'm keen to do it, but trying to get a feel for how many other people are doing it, as this would be my first time travelling alone (Eeeeeeeeek!).

• 12 Mar 2013 Helen said

Default_avatar

Hiya!

I’m doing this tour and I can’t wait! It’s my first tour with contiki too and I’m on my own….so would love to contact people who are also going.

I didn’t have any mates who wanted/ could afford to go so I thought I’d go ahead and do it myself. We can be Billy no mates together!

Go for it!

Helen x

• 12 Mar 2013 Ashleigh said

Ashleigh

Awesome!! :) I’m so glad someone else is going alone!

Are you doing the one with or without sailing?

• 12 Mar 2013 Explorer1176543 said

Explorer1176543

hey iv been on a contiki tour before and i ended up going on my own and my tour was full so had 50 people on the tour and was brilliant!
    Im doing the reefs and rainforests in jan 2014 and im going on my own again, its the best way to travel as you meet so many people and i can guarentee that you wont be alone :), its the most fun ever, very active and early mornings but you can just sleep on the bus…..well you can try anyway haha :) if you would like any advice or anything give let me know :) steph

• 13 Mar 2013 Helen said

Default_avatar

Hi Ashleigh

I’m doing the one with Sailing….I figured if I was going all the way to Oz then I may as well do the lot!

Feel free to add me on Facebook if u like, my full name is Helen Done. It’s always nice to see who you might be going with

Hope u book, let me know how it goes

Helen

• 13 Mar 2013 Helen said

Default_avatar

Hi Steph

Thanks for the offer of advice. There was one thing I was wondering about…..what was the age range of the people u travelled with. I’m 32 and just wondering if there might be others my age that go on the tours

Thanks
    Helen

• 14 Mar 2013 Explorer1176543 said

Explorer1176543

hey, yeah there defo will, i was 23 when I went for the first time and im 26 now so will be plenty people usually between 21-35 ish, its usually got a mix of couples and singles and all dufferent ages, there was 2 girls who were 17 and to be honest they found it a bit restricting with thier ages ( was a US tour) so its mainly 21 and up i would say due to money etc, if theres anything else just ask :) x

• 14 Mar 2013 Ashleigh said

Ashleigh

Hey Helen,

I just booked now, so excited!! Decided to do the one without sailing, as I’m doing the ‘Lean to Dive’ tour straight afterwards, so will get plenty of time on a boat :) There’s only so much my poor bank account can handle haha.

I think our tours overlap though, so we should still get to meet and do a bit of it together.

I tried finding you on Facebook, but there are quite a few Helen Dones so I wasn’t sure which one you were?

Steph – thanks so much for all the advice! I’m so excited! I have a feeling this could turn into a bit of an addiction, ha.

• 21 Mar 2013 Helen said

Default_avatar

Well done Ashleigh that’s fantastic…..really hope to see u if our tours overlap.

No worries if u can’t get me on fb, just a thought….i haven’t been able to add a photo on this thing, just a picture of a strange cat, never mind!

Well keep in touch if u have any questions

Look forward to meeting u…not long now til oz, woop woop!

• 21 Mar 2013 Helen said

Default_avatar

Thanks for your help Steph, I feel a bit more reassured that I won’t be the only old girl on the tour!

Helen x

• 3 Apr 2013 Trace said

Default_avatar

Hey!!

I am going on this tour by myself as well and my first Contiki. :) not long now… Is everyone booked in at Potts Point hotel for tour start in Sydney? We could meet up the night before

• 4 Apr 2013 Laura said

Default_avatar

Hello, I’m doing the Reefs and Rainforest tour with sailing starting in Sydney on may 12th! Can’t wait!!

• 5 Apr 2013 Gemma said

Default_avatar

Hiya

I’ve just sent my form back to Contiki to do this tour, my first time travelling alone so glad that there are other people in the same position :-)

Gemma x

• 5 Apr 2013 Helen said

Default_avatar

Hi Trace, Laura, Gemma

Really nice to know you are all going too
    I arrive in Sydney on 10th May (9am ish) and Im staying at the Woodduck boomerang backpackers hostel on 10th & 11th May and will be heading to Potts point first thing on the 12th to join the group

I think my hostel is just round the corner from Potts point, so Im happy to meet up the night before Trace (and anyone else) if you like??

Where are you all from by the way, Im Bristol based

Helen ; )

• 5 Apr 2013 Ashleigh said

Ashleigh

Hi everyone :)

So excited to see a few other girls doing this by themselves! I’m really excited for this tour!

Trace – I’m booked in at Potts point the night before the tour starts. Definitely keen to meet up with you & Helen and anyone else keen that night!

Helen – I’m from Cape Town, South Africa :)

• 5 Apr 2013 simmo56 said

simmo56

hey contikians….
    i am currently thinking of going on this tour but not to sure… i was wondering how good is this tour if anyones been on this tour?
    simon XD

• 6 Apr 2013 Gemma said

Default_avatar

Hi all

I’m already in Australia (Brisbane) – came out here mid March, so I’m planning on flying from here to Melbourne, then over to Sydney possibly on 5th May, haven’t decided which hostel to stay in yet so may have a look at the Woodduck Helen?

Happy to meet up the night before although it looks like Contiki might arrange something like that anyway?

I’m from Sussex in the UK

Gemma :)

• 6 Apr 2013 Trace said

Default_avatar

Sounds good if Contiki are doing that anyway… So see you all then!! :)

I am from Newcastle, Australia (haha Local)

• 7 Apr 2013 Kimberly said

Kimberly

Hello all! I am doing beaches and reefs start sydney.. May 12. After asking millions of questions i discovered most tours in Australia are combined so we will all be traveling together for most of the tour! I will be in Potts Point May 11 the night before as well! Looking forward to meeting everyone!!

I am from the New Jersey, US!

• 15 Apr 2013 Gemma said

Default_avatar

Hi all,

Where are you staying when we get to Cairns, can’t decide on where to stay!

Cheers

Gemma :)

• 15 Apr 2013 Trace said

Default_avatar

Hey Gemma

After the tour ends in Cairns I am staying at the Rydges Esplanade Resort for the night

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion