Community_discussions_small  

Question

Travelling alone to Oz June 2013

12 Mar 2013 Karin17 asked

Karin17

Hi travellers!

I'm travelling to Oz at the start of June, probably into Melbourne or Sydney and wondered if there's any other solo travellers who will be arriving at the same time? Or even groups? I plan to book a one way ticket so any plans will be great!

Looking to make some good friends and have a real adventure!!

Look forward to hearing from anybody!

Karin x

• 19 Mar 2013 Richard said

Richard

Hey there!

Big welcome to Australia for when you arrive. I actually wont be travelling during that period but I am a local in Sydney. I’d definitely recommend exploring Sydney for all the iconic places :) But for some funky cafes and bars, and good food Melbourne is a must.

In saying that though I’d also recommend visiting Tasmania if you’re looking for a quiet few days.

Check sites like http://whatson.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/ to see whats on in town. Melbourne should have one of their own too.

Also check out couch surfing, my mate is a couch surfer host and from the sounds of things its one of the best ways to travel and get the local experience and meet new people!

Cheers
    Rich!

• 14 Apr 2013 Rosita88 said

Rosita88

Hi Karin,
    I’m most likely going to be in Sydney in June =) When abouts in June are you thinking of going? You got much idea of what you’re gonna do once you get there?
    Really can’t wait to go!

Rosita x

• 14 May 2013 Kyle Armstrong said

Kyle Armstrong

I was in the same boat as you. Best thing I have ever done :) best thing to do is maybe get onto a tour then from there meet people and hopefully you can plan summit with someone on there :) then once you have that security of being with some you know the world your oyster. X

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion