Community_discussions_small  

Question

Difference in tour dates depending on your country

13 Mar 2013 Rhys Halliwell asked

Rhys Halliwell

I noticed recently by reading the forums that people from Australia like myself seemed to have a set of different tour dates available to them than travellers from other countries such as Canada and the US. For example Australians would be claiming that their trips started on the 23rd of a particular month and Americans in the same tour group would say that it began on the 21st. This caused a bit of confusion and when I looked into it I found out that, at least for the European Highlights trip, certain countries have 2 days of travel added to the beginning of their trip, for the journey to Europe. So day 3 on their itineray would be leaving from London whereas the Australians would see that as day 1 (making the Aussie trips 2 days shorter). Not sure how many people knew this but I was unaware until I contacted contiki about it.
I haven't heard what the story is for people outside of Aus, Canada and America though. Let me know if I have gotten any of this wrong.

• 18 Mar 2013 BecH said

BecH

I’ve noticed this as well.. But I was under the impression that everyone started the tour on the same day? I just assumed it was due to the time difference. It’s all confusing! Even in my meetup everyone on my tour seems to have different tour dates as the departing day. As long as I’m there when it starts that’s all that I care about haha :)

• 18 Mar 2013 Samantha said

Samantha

I caught that too! It’s funny (and cool) the way we speak of things based on time difference and culture :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.