Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Proof of Medical Insurance to enter the Czech Republic

15 Apr 2007 Wolff said

Default_avatar
Hi There,

I booked the European Inspiration tour departing April 28th and apparently I need to provide proof of medical insurance to enter the Czech Republic.
I decided not to buy the Contiki Insurance, since I already have a comprehensive medical insurance with worldwide emergency medical coverage.
I didn't actually get a copy of the insurance contract, since this is part of my benefits package at work. The only thing I have is a plastic card, with my personal info, the plan number and the contact numbers.

On my Contiki Invoice, there is a warning message that everyone who does not buy the Contiki insurance will have to provide a copy of their insurance documents to the Czech authorities, prior to crossing the border.

Has anyone who went on a tour to the Czech Republic used your own private insurance instead of the Contiki one?
If so, what did you present to the customs agents when crossing the border? Will the benefits card suffice or you need an actual letter from your insurance company?

Please advise.
Thank you.
  • 2 Oct 2013 brownrichard said

Default_avatar

Most health insurance policies include some form of emergency coverage in case you become sick or injured. Some policies allow for a certain number of visits per year at no additional cost. Dr. Lauren: Neck Pain Relief in Baltimore

• 2 Oct 2013 brownrichard said

Default_avatar

With insurance, that price could be reduced to a fraction of the cost. Depending on the policy, it might even be free. It’s possible to obtain low cost emergency only coverage, Dr. Rusick: Neck Pain Relief in Goodyear

• 3 Oct 2013 Jordan said

Jordan

I was in the Czech Republic .. I actually don’t remember if I had Contiki’s insurance or my own, but I don’t recall ANYONE having to show any sort of insurance documents when we entered, and I wasn’t told when I booked that I would have to do that either. But that was in 2009 so maybe things have changed.

But to be safe I’m sure you could contact your insurance company and explain the situation and they should be able to provide you with something.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion