Community_discussions_small  

Question

European adventures budget

18 Mar 2013 patricia asked

Default_avatar

Hi All,

This is probably something that comes up time and time again, but any insight or help you can provide would be very much appreciated.

I am heading to Europe (from Melbourne, Australia) for close to 7 weeks in June this year and am wondering how much money to take? Everywhere I've read it says $100-150 a day is more than enough which is fine but I'm trying to determine whether this is AU money or Euro?

Ultimately I'm thinking a total of $7,500AU for the entire time spent over there as travelling $$.

I'll also be in London for 1.5 days before my tour starts and am wondering how many pounds to take with me? Will 200-300 pounds be enough or should I take more? (I want to just have cash for London & if I have any change I can always change it to euro while I'm overseas?)

Thanks,

Pat

• 25 Mar 2013 Andlove said

Default_avatar

Hello Pat how are you doing tonight i will like to join you on your tour .. only if you don’t mind i guess you are not online now to have discussion so i will be glad if you can write me here woyoe@yahoo.com i will be glad to hear from you

• 26 Mar 2013 Driver12 said

Driver12

£200 will be more than enough for a day and a bit!!
    Buy an underground all day ticket. Should be around £6 and is the most efficient way to get around.
    Fried breakfast in a cafe will cost you about £6, evening meals vary massively depending on what area you are in. Takeaways are cheap, eating in resturants could go over the £20 a meal mark.
    My best suggestion would be to do a little research before you come over. Any attractions you have to pay entrance fees for will be listed online.
    Drinks. Beers go for between £4 and £6 in Bars, on top of entry fees to clubs… £10 or £15 entrance isn’t unheard of.

Whatever money you have left over, there’s a currency exchange on the ferry to France.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion