Community_discussions_small  

Comment

customs

22 Jun 2007 Sarah Plummer said

Default_avatar
this is probably a dumb question, but can you bring things like cigars, tea and dukkak (egyptian spice you dip bread in) back into australia? ive looked up the quarrantine website, but cant really find specifics on these things.
i'll declare everything i buy, but i wont bother buying it if i cant get through customs with them.
anyone had any big drama's with customs, i'd like to hear some stories, good or bad.

sarah
  • 22 Jun 2007 aroundthe said

Default_avatar

frommers.com

The duty-free allowance in Australia is A$400 or, for those under 18, A$200. Citizens can bring in 250 cigarettes or 250 grams of loose tobacco, and 1,125 cubic centimeters (ml) of alcohol. If you’re returning with valuables you already own, such as foreign-made cameras, you should file form B263. A helpful brochure available from Australian consulates or Customs offices is Know Before You Go. For more information, call the Australian Customs Service at tel. 1300/363-263, or log on to www.customs.gov.au.
    I cant see you having trouble bring backing tea and dukkak as long as it in a small quanity.

• 22 Jun 2007 Sarah Plummer said

Default_avatar

yeah, it would only be a small jar, it would just be nice to have some authentic stuff from egypt.
    thanks, ill check out that link.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion