Community_discussions_small  

Question

Scandinavia & Russia Plus 6th July 2013

21 Mar 2013 picklessarah asked

picklessarah

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone else has booked to do the Scandinavia & Russia Plus tour in July (6-27) this year? Also, if you've done this tour before or visited any of these areas, I'd love to hear some of your advice.
Thanks!

• 21 Mar 2013 Dana.B said

Dana.B

Hi Sarah, im doing the Russia plus tour starting 14th of July. I looks like our tours will be meeting up in Stockholm. Maybe merging or something. Have you met anyone from your tour yet?

• 21 Mar 2013 picklessarah said

picklessarah

Hi Dana,
    You’re the first person I’ve heard from! Have you meet anyone on your tour?

• 21 Mar 2013 Dana.B said

Dana.B

You dont have anyone on your meet up? Yes I have, there is one other person logged in to our tour.
    Have you done your visas?

• 25 Mar 2013 Sarah&James said

Sarah&James

Hey Sarah! My boyfriend James and I are on this tour too. http://www.contiki.com/community/meeting-rooms/57842

By the looks of it our tour in confirmed. Not sure what you’ve been told about/organised for the Belarus visa but my travel agent told us to send our passports to the consulate in London, but Contiki have since said they can organise one without doing that (!!) as long as you fax your passport and deets to them before leaving. Handy to know I guess.

• 5 Apr 2013 montoya27 said

montoya27

hey
    im doing Scandinavia & Russia Plus july 20th,
    i was meant to be going on the 13 but the date got cancelled because there wasnt enought people
    :))

• 5 Apr 2013 AJ said

AJ

im doing the sat 6 july Scandinavia and Russia tour too … how are you guys doing with your russia visas ???

montoya27

getting the russian visa is abit of a headace with the paperwork and information,
    i hade to do it twice!!
    but its getting there, how is it for u?

• 5 Apr 2013 AJ said

AJ

just starting today … im a little confused on the letter of invitation … any got any info on it

montoya27

the last 2 pages on the russian visa pack, you have to fill in, then fax it off,
    then you get the letter of invitation, which will take 1 day or 2, once you have gotton this
    fill in the russian visa application, im from australia, so i dont know if it will be different for u
    i got abit confused aswell, but i slowly worked it out
    :))

• 5 Apr 2013 AJ said

AJ

im australian but currently living in the uk … whats the visa pack ? is that just a aust thing ?

• 5 Apr 2013 AJ said

AJ

im australian but currently live in the uk … whats the visa pack ??? or is it just a aust thing

montoya27

your travel agent would of sent you the information on how to do it?

• 8 Apr 2013 Claire said

Claire

Hi im also going on the tour on the 6th July!
    I’ve read numerous things about the Belarus Visa. I read threads from people who have previously done the tour and they said that our tour manager can organise our visa on route or otherwise we have to send our passport to the consulate. What is everyone planning to do?

• 8 Apr 2013 montoya27 said

montoya27

i have no idea ! i will ask the travel agent and see what he says, but maybe the tour manager does organise it all?

• 8 Apr 2013 AJ said

AJ

I spoke to Contiki and they said they can do it on the tour … That’s what I’m doing… But I leave in 8 days and still trying to get my Russia one sorted so I dont have time for both :)

• 8 Apr 2013 picklessarah said

picklessarah

Hi everyone,
    I called Contiki and they said the Belarus visa would be worked out by the tour guide, so hopefully that’s right! Does anyone know if you have to visit the Russian consulate to get the Visa? I have sent my forms (and passport) off with a courier to Visa Central, but I’m not sure if this is the final step in getting a visa or just another one of the many hoops.

• 8 Apr 2013 AJ said

AJ

Sorry I’m not sure … I know that I have to take mine in in person but I’m in London … It’s deffs not the easiest visa to get that’s for sure

• 8 Apr 2013 shaneo said

Default_avatar
    Hi everyone.I did Scandinavia & Russia tour last year at that time. Great tour i have a few tips for you. Norway is very expensive for everything , so be prepared to pay alot for things. If you plan to drink its best to stock up on alcohol if driver lets u store it on bus. It can get cold in north of Norway, we played in snow in middle of July. Our tour guide got our Belarus visa easy, just have spare passport photo’s. Make sure u get your Russian Visa though, get your travel agent to help.When staying in St Petersburg hotel dont leave window open at night, unless it has flyscreen. Many mosquitos and half our tour got eaten alive at night. Enjoy
  • 8 Apr 2013 Dana.B said

Dana.B

Hi everyone, this is what I understand about the visas;

Russia – You would have received a email from Contiki about the Russian visa, follow the info to the Visalink website. Download the Visa pack, print the last 2 pages, fill them in and then fax them along with a photocopy of your passport to Visalink. I received my Voucher within a couple of hours by email.
    You then follow the info about how to fill in the online form on the Russian website, print your completed from.
    Send your Completed Form, Passport, Photo, Letter of Invitation, Detailed Itinerary, and Visalink Confirmation by secured post to Visa Central. They will then take care of everything from there, and you will receive your Document back to you via Secured Post.

Belarus Visa, you get this visa on tour under your tour guides passport, all you need is a Passport Photo and around $70US Dollars (From what Contiki told me). If you want to get it before hand, there is no Consulate in Australia so you will have to send your passport overseas. I’m not sure what is involved if you decided to do that.

Hope this is of help =)

• 10 Apr 2013 jesswozz said

jesswozz

Hey guys, I’m taking this years July 6th-27th tour too! I was just looking at the instructions of how to apply for it before.. It seemed straight forward but then I’m still confused at the same time haha I’m glad I found this discussion board!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion