Community_discussions_small  

Question

First time on Contiki

25 Mar 2013 Katarina asked

Default_avatar

Hey all, I'm planning on doing a tour this year in June/July all around Europe and there are so many tours that go around Europe and I wanted to know what you guys would recommend for a first time traveller??

• 25 Mar 2013 Ryan2492 said

Ryan2492

Hi katarina,
    I am also a first time traveller! I have booked the European Escapade for the 27th of july! I will also be travelling a month before that and about 5 months afterwards! I can’t wait!
    What tour are you looking at so far?

• 25 Mar 2013 Katarina said

Default_avatar

Well I’m planning on doing a tour and then I’ll be meeting with my mum and dad in Croatia and staying there for another 2 months. I’m interested in doing the European Inspiration tour but I’m still trying to decide which one I should do.

• 25 Mar 2013 Shauna said

Shauna

Hey, i will be travelling alone also, i am doing the Mediterranean Trail plus Greek Island
    Hopping on the 10th july :)

• 26 Mar 2013 Ryan2492 said

Ryan2492

Oh wow that sounds like fun! Just pick one that sounds like fun and go with it. That’s what i did. Im sure whatever one you do you will have the time of your life

• 26 Mar 2013 Katarina said

Default_avatar

I didn’t even think about doing one until a week ago so I thought I’m going to be in Croatia for 2 months so why not travel around Europe for a few weeks. I was kind of freaking out about going on my own but I’ve read other peoples reviews and they said they met heaps of people on the tour so I’m really looking forward to it, I can’t wait!

Ryan2492

I think doing it on your own is the only way. As if you were with someone you restrict yourself amd only talk to them. Always hard trying to save money for it though

• 26 Mar 2013 Katarina said

Default_avatar

Yeah thats true, I was going to travel around Europe with my mum but then I would to find tours for us to do and it would involve so much planning and not knowing where to go so I think it’s easier to just book a Contiki tour where everything is done for you and the only thing you have to do is book the airfares. I’ve pretty much saved all the money for the tour I just need spending money and lucky for me my parents are paying for my airfares!

• 26 Mar 2013 Kay28 said

Kay28

Doing European horizon 28 June – July one man show cant wait

Ryan2492

That’s the best part! Not knowing where your going to be next :) I can’t wait to do it all on my own. Oh wow lucky your airfares are getting paid for!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion