Community_discussions_small  

Question

Packing for Asian Adventure

25 Mar 2013 Christina asked

Christina

I was just wondering if there was any specific items that people would recommend bringing on the Asian Adventure tour. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

• 18 Apr 2013 Charmaine said

Charmaine

Hi Christina,
    I am going on the Asian Adventure as well. I haven’t been to Asia but everyone I’ve talked to says LOTS of bug spray with a high DEET%. Light clothing, good sandals for hiking (skip the runners its too hot and humid), a lot of people I know put together a first aid kit which is a good idea. I’m packing really light in terms of clothing, stuff is so cheap there anyway.
    Hope this helps,

Charmaine

• 18 Apr 2013 Christina said

Christina

Thanks for the advice! I am going on the May19th tour. What date are you going?

• 18 Apr 2013 Charmaine said

Charmaine

My tour starts on june 30

• 20 Apr 2013 Anna.Luckel said

Anna.Luckel

I did this tour last year – It was amazing, you’ll love it :)
    Defiantly take bug spray!! Wouldn’t really worry about a first aid kid. Hydralite was pretty handy so you don’t get dehydrated.. something for your stomach if the food doesn’t agree with you (they can be a life saver).
    You can wear thongs pretty much anywhere, that’s all the people on my tour really wore. Light long sleeved top and pants, you’ll need them for the temples.

& make sure you try the street food in Bangkok, so so yummy :) :)

• 1 May 2013 Steve said

Steve

Having been to Africa many time and the Amazon last year, I swear by Ultrathon as a bug repellent. It’s a lotion instead of a spray so stays on for much longer. You can usually find it in REI or other outdoor stores.

• 3 May 2013 Explorer1251001 said

Default_avatar

Back things for hot weather. Sun could be very hot in Asia. something comfortable for walking, swimming gear (lots of swimming).

Small amount of bug repellent will do it as you can purchase more of it in Asia. Sun cream is also handy.

Have fun Asia is great.

• 14 May 2013 Rahul said

Rahul

which country in Asia you planning for..I might join if anyone going in June ?

• 16 May 2013 Emily1590 said

Emily1590

Hi! I’m going on Asian Adventure starting 23rd June. Anyone else going on this one too??

• 22 May 2013 Jose Luis said

Default_avatar

Hi, im going on Asian Adventures starting 7th of july, anyone else?

• 26 Jun 2013 Anna said

Default_avatar

hey :) im going in November 2013… is the weather similar to the above posts? or would i need extra/ different clothing? is the water provided or do you buy it as you go along?
    its my first tour! so any info at all would be great!

• 27 Jun 2013 Cristina said

Cristina

Hey Anna! When are you leaving for the Asian Adventure? I’m on the Big Indochina Adventure leaving the 6th Nov from Bangkok!

• 6 Jul 2013 Anna said

Default_avatar

hey Christina :) sorry for such a late reply! ooohh I leave for the Asian Adventure on the 10th of November so a few days after you and I don’t finish my china adventure until the 8th so we wont end up crossing paths. The Indochina Adventure sounds great! hope you have a great time :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion