Community_discussions_small  

Question

Reefs & Rainforests (Start Cairns) Febuary 2014

25 Mar 2013 92Emma_P asked

Default_avatar

I am travelling alone on the reefs and rainforest tour on 27th Febuary 2014... is anyone else going on this tour or have any advice? I am a little nervous about travelling alone so would be great to hear from other people's experiences!

• 6 Oct 2013 kyla89 said

kyla89

Im doing this tour alone as well. A little nervous about it, but super excited as well. Cant wait for February!

• 23 Oct 2013 lauraaashleyXo said

lauraaashleyXo

hey im on this tour!!! starting ja 30 to the feb14??

• 30 Oct 2013 MsJQ said

Default_avatar

I’ve travelled alone on other Contiki tours and it was fine. Most tours have a dinner or something the night before they start which is a good way to find a tour buddy. Go along, be friendly, be genuine and ask people questions about themselves. Hopefully you will meet at least of couple of people you really click with. Part of being on a Contiki tour is about pushing your limitis and trying new things so don’t be afraid to put yourself out there – everyone is there to have fun. Also one of the advantages of traveling alone is that you can do exactly what you want so don’t be afraid to leave the group and go exploring solo occasionally.

• 30 Oct 2013 lauraaashleyXo said

lauraaashleyXo

hey!!! yay im excited we r gunna have an amazing time

• 3 Nov 2013 beckle79 said

beckle79

Hi, I’ve just returned from this tour (starting Sydney), you will have an amazing time and will meet people who will be in your life forever. its natural to be nervous but honestly this will be a life changing experience. I recommend doing the sailing option to the whitsunday’s (if you’re not booked on the 2 day sailing option) and also the one to the great barrier reef. I highly recommend white water rafting and diving in the great barrier reef. Enjoy every minute of it and if you need any tips on anything please do not hesitate to message me.

• 3 Nov 2013 kyla89 said

kyla89

Any other recommendations for the optional activities? (or one to avoid?)…I noticed they have quite a few listed for Cairns & Surfers Paradise, and most of them are extremely appealing to me, so I’m having trouble deciding, thankfully I have lots of time before making a decision.
    Do you mind if i asked how much money you budgeted for the optional excursions?

• 13 Nov 2013 lynn_mjb said

lynn_mjb

I’m doing this tour starting December 5th (start Cairns). Getting pretty excited now, but I’m also really nervous as I’ll be travelling on my own. Anyways, I’m going to have some fun, relax, meet new people, push my limits, … It’s gonna be AWESOME!!!!

• 18 Nov 2013 twogap said

twogap

I’m booked for the Feb 26th departure!

• 26 Nov 2013 austin2013 said

Default_avatar

Hi, I felt the same way too during my first solo travel but then afterwards the excitement and experiences make it worth it a try. It was a Blast Actually !

~Austin

• 26 Nov 2013 Tricia said

Default_avatar

I’m on this tour but starting Sydney Feb 16 so I am guessing these tours meet up along the way some where!
    Cant wait!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.