Community_discussions_small  

Question

European contrast+corfu islands 7th of september

27 Mar 2013 sean asked

sean

this is going to be my first contiki and i cant wait. every forums iv read leads me to believe this is going to be one hell of a party but i hope to be coherent enough to at least remember some of the sites and places we go rather then be blind drunk and feeling crook on the bus. so 5 months and 11 days but whos counting at this point?

• 6 Apr 2013 Amanda said

Amanda

My baby sister did this exact tour last year, and had the time of her life. She went with a friend but said the majority of people on her tour had gone alone. They made great friendships, saw tons of cool stuff and had enough booze to last a lifetime! =D This will be my very first time away from home, alone and on a different continent. I’m nervous but so excited! Can’t wait to do this!!

• 8 Apr 2013 sean said

sean

hey amanda. are you the same one on the meet ups page? i am looking forward to the site seeing and meeting new fun people not a massive drinker i dont want to spend my time over there in pain and hating life lol. its your first time away from home! thats crazy! its my first time over seas by my self i wasnt nervous about it until you just brought it up and its making me think about it now. im already looking at one of the russian contikis for next trip im hooked now and i havnt even gone.

• 12 Apr 2013 Amanda said

Amanda

Hey Sean, Yes i’m the same one. Well we can all be nervous / excited / hungover together! Oh, I know how that feels! My sister and I want to do a latin american tour next year!

• 13 Apr 2013 sean said

sean

i think we are staying at the contiki hotel before and after the trip that should be interesting, one of the guys at work used to be a rep for contiki hes been telling me heaps of great things about the tours. i think were gonna stay in london for a week after the trip be nice not being on a bus after a month of it. what are you plans? doing more travelling after?

• 13 Apr 2013 Amanda said

Amanda

I hear some of the best memories happen on that bus! I cant wait, I just want to experience it all. The worst part will probably be waiting for a usable bathroom. hahaha. Apparently the one on the bus is gross. I’m staying at the royal national the 1st and last night in London. Not sure if thats what you mean. I have to come home and go back to work right away, so that will be it for me unfortunately. What are you going to do after the tour??

• 14 Apr 2013 sean said

sean

yeah that would be good if the bus wasnt so much of a drag, most of what i have read is good but on the odd occasion i have read about the contiki trips from hell, with heaps of old boring people on em fingers crossed thats not ours lol. oh i didnt even think about the toilet haha i bet it gets absolutely smashed shot gun not sitting up the back of the bus getting a face full of stink every time the door opens. yeah we (or just me) are staying at the national as well. gonna stay on in london fro about 5 days after to do some site seeing and experience the night life. this trip is going to destroy all my christmas leave but i think it will be worth it in the long run.

• 22 May 2013 Kat said

Kat

I agree Sean, I Don’t mind drinking at all, but a few people now have told me to prepare for the drunkest month o f my life. But thats not what i want :S I deffinitley want to have some drinks. But I’m super excited to see the sights and learn the history and taste the food!!! :D

• 23 May 2013 sean said

sean

great minds think alike there Kat. i have heard the same thing im not doubting at all that there will be some massive nights but to back it up again and again and again would be agony. it will be nice to go to countries that have there own culture not like the non existant culture we have here in OZ. still doing my research into it all to find the best possible things to do wheter they be the contiki options or other.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion