Community_discussions_small  

Attention all Forum Users.
We’re working on a brand new shiny tool to make your experience as simple as possible.
Which means the community forums is now read only whilst we work on a new & improved ‘My Contiki’ space.

Question

SINGAPORE OR DUBAI??

24 Oct 2007 tilli asked

Default_avatar
hoy guys n gals, im doing European contrasts in May nxt year and was wondering which would be better for a stopover on the way home... singapore or dubai. me n my boyfriend wand bout 5 nights after the tour in one of these places to wind down and relax. any advice would be great. thanks.
  • Read the responses 14 responses so far
  • 24 Oct 2007 ashleightara said

ashleightara

I’ve chosen Dubai, but I think its a little more expensive than Singapore. Plus 5 days might be a little much in Dubai unless you plan to venture out into the surrounding area…there’s a lot of shopping to be done in Singapore.

What sort of thing would you like to be doing during your 5 nights?

And who are you flying with?

• 24 Oct 2007 Jeremy said

Jeremy

I vote Singapore. I have no reason in my choosing just that it sounds like it’d be interesting to visit

• 24 Oct 2007 Adel said

Default_avatar

hey tilli, not that I have interests in either of these places, BUT from what I know it will be worth your time to spend some time in Dubai as it is an up and coming centre of everything. Dubai is a very rich city – and indeed capital of a very rich country, they should have a lot of industrial type attractions, from what I know they’re currently building the world’s tallest building there!

Again, as I said, I’m not particularly interested in either cities, so what I know is just hearsay, Dubai might have more attractions other than industrial, I just cant speak on them – because I know nothing.

Singapore has lots of cheap stuff Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I feel bad I wont be able to speak more on Singapore, but yeah Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> great shopping!

Good luck with your choice Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 25 Oct 2007 Gryphon said

Default_avatar

Singapore!!!

But then I’m Singaporean so I’d be biased. haha.
    Anyway, anything you want to know about Singapore, just ask, I’ve lived here for 27 years. =)

• 27 Oct 2007 Gryphon said

Default_avatar

Well, it’s been somewhere around 11K – 15K for the recent past. Hasn’t been too high in the past couple of years.

• 29 Oct 2007 tilli said

Default_avatar

hey everyone thanks for all the reviews, they are extremely helpful. i now think singapore would be better as its a bit cheaper n after spending up big in europe itd be good not to have to worry bout money for the last 5 nights. does anyone know roughly how much itll cost per night for about a 3 star hotel in singapore (aus $$) tah.

• 31 Oct 2007 Gryphon said

Default_avatar

hey tilli,

if you want a decent hotel that’s pretty good priced and smack in the middle of town, check out these couple of hotels:

www.nsshotel.com
    www.hangouthotels.com

They are very decent budget hotels that are in the central areas, will cost you probably US$50 a night or less for a private room.

Or if you want something more interesting, stay in a hotel on Sentosa Island, which is another island off the mainland.

Anyway, I could probably give you better info via email rather than long posts over the forum, drop me an email if you want any info on Singapore

• 7 Nov 2007 Gryphon said

Default_avatar

It’s scheduled for late 2009 / early 2010.

The entry fee is $100 per entry and $2000 for a full year entry pass. But it only applies to locals, tourists enter free.

We are no longer accepting new responses to this discussion thread.

More Discussions