Community_discussions_small  

Question

Ultimate European with a working stint in the UK.

29 Mar 2013 Clementine85 asked

Default_avatar

Hi everyone!
I'm an Australia (from Adelaide, currently living in Queensland) who is planning to go on the Ultimate European (inc. Egypt) sometime next year... FINALLY!! When exactly depends on when i reach my savings goal!
I would also love to spend some time working and living in the UK after the Contiki has concluded, even if it is only for a brief amount of time.

It seems a lot of people on this forum have done this or are planning to do so and i was just wondering what your experiences were with finding work/accommodation or if you signed up to an agency or a place like London Pub Company?

ANY information or experience (positive or negative) that you would like to share would be very appreciated!
Thank-you. =)

• 31 Mar 2013 jaimi said

jaimi

hello :)
    i have recently moved to London from Melbourne. personally i would recommend finding work in Adelaide rather then coming here with nothing(as i did) i mean, there are tons of jobs here but there is hundreds of people fighting for the one position. I found a house pretty easily, i used the website spareroom.com i would recomend that over gumtree any day, to many creeps on gumtree! Just be ready to pay alot for rent, i was surprised in actually how expensive it is to rent! Anything else i can possibly help you with feel free to ask me haha.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.