Community_discussions_small  

Comment

London + Paris with 2 day extension

27 Dec 2010 nuccxo said

nuccxo
Hello everyone! so me and my friend are going on the 10 day Londan + Paris tour in June 2011. Ive been reading up on what to do with free time and to plan it accordingly..can bookings be done when we get there such as the London Eye? This is me and my friends first time traveling overseas so we have no idea how to plan this stuff out. Any advice would be really appreciated!!

Also did any do DisneyLand Paris while on this trip??

Thanks for the help!
  • 27 Dec 2010 Ren said

Ren

Hi! I am doing “The Big Chill” and I would love to know if anyone had time to go to Disney Land Paris also!!!

• 27 Dec 2010 Danielle said

Default_avatar

Hey cant help with Disney Land Paris, but with London, you will have no probs buying tickets when you are there!
    My main advice is that if you can get your tickets for attractions at your hotel or booking office….DO IT!!!
    It cuts down on time cos some places you have to line up to get your ticket then again to actually get in.

Hope this helps!

European Encounter 2008
    European Vista 2010

• 29 Dec 2010 Explorer1207846 said

Default_avatar

Hi. I am also doing this trip in August. Per the itinerary, on first full day in Paris, there is a trip to the perfumery and then to Versailles. Does anyone know what time you return to Paris after Versailles? I was interested in doing a halfday in Reims to see the cathedral and have some champagne. There are trains leaving from Paris at 1ish and 2ish but I’m not sure that we will make it back to Paris in time.

• 5 Jan 2011 Prinessa said

Prinessa

Hi there – Just got back from London and Paris + Amsterdam extension. Don’t worry about booking in advance. We booked all our sightseeing adventures at the hotel’s concierge desk. They have a wide variety of specials and as they are locals they’ll also sometimes tell you if it really is worth going to these place (if the weather is bad etc.) So no need to stress about bookings in advance. Enjoy!

• 16 Jan 2011 interface2x said

interface2x
    quote:
    Originally posted by nuccxo:
    Also did any do DisneyLand Paris while on this

A guy on my tour (who has since become one of my best friends) is a Disney freak and took one of the Paris days to do this. Apparently it’s pretty far from the city, but he said it was worth it. He did it on day 2 of Paris (or day 3 if you count the night you arrive) and was back by dark.

quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1207846:
    Hi. I am also doing this trip in August. Per the itinerary, on first full day in Paris, there is a trip to the perfumery and then to Versailles. Does anyone know what time you return to Paris after Versailles?

We got back from Versailles at roughly 3 pm but I know we were slightly behind schedule due to a strike at Versailles. We also hit a lot of traffic on the way into Paris. If I remember correctly, they were rushing to get everyone back to the hotel for the Moulin-Rouge show, but those of us who didn’t opt for that just got dropped off at Notre-Dame cathedral.

This was my first Contiki tour (my second is planned for this spring) and it was amazing. Have a great time.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion