Community_discussions_small  

Question

Sleeping Bag - Concept Tour

1 Apr 2013 NMayhew asked

NMayhew

Hi all,

I was just wandering in regards to taking a sleeping bag on the concept tours. Is this counted/carried in your one suitcase or is this carried separately? (If that makes sense).

Also, whilst I am asking, any suggestions as what bag is better. Suitcase or a duffle bag type thing on concept tours.

• 22 Apr 2013 Sarah said

Sarah

Its not counted as a bag, you can have your suitcase with 20kg etc and the sleeping bag can clip on or tie onto your bag when you get it in the bus, but obviously flights home will be the issue lol. hope that makes sense

I took a suitcase with wheels a few people took backpacks etc, i thought the suitcase was great except a couple times when there where flights of stairs or gravel in rome lol

• 22 Apr 2013 NMayhew said

NMayhew

Ok excellent! Thanks :-)

Since you’ve responded, do you mind if I ask another question?

What kind of bag did you take on the coach? Was this also your sightseeing bag or did you pack an extra bag for this purpose? Just not sure what size/type this one should be.

• 22 Apr 2013 Sarah said

Sarah

The bag i took was a small bag about maybe 25cm w x 15cm h and all i put in it was my wallet and my iphone which i used for music, the bus is only really for sleeping (youve been partying all night and need to be on the bus at ~7am so you just sleep) and chatting, so i didnt need much entertainment and on all the rest stops you get a chance to get some food etc so i used my wallet then :)

And yeah thats the one i used daily, it was a long strapped one i used as a shoulder bag and just kept it on the front of my body and held it in busy places as to not get pick pocketed.

• 22 Apr 2013 Sarah said

Sarah

The bag i took was a small bag about maybe 25cm w x 15cm h and all i put in it was my wallet and my iphone which i used for music, the bus is only really for sleeping (youve been partying all night and need to be on the bus at ~7am so you just sleep) and chatting, so i didnt need much entertainment and on all the rest stops you get a chance to get some food etc so i used my wallet then :)

And yeah thats the one i used daily, it was a long strapped one i used as a shoulder bag and just kept it on the front of my body and held it in busy places as to not get pick pocketed.

• 22 Apr 2013 Sarah said

Sarah

What the hell, just wrote a bulk long reply and its not on here!

• 22 Apr 2013 Sarah said

Sarah

i took a small bag with a long strap and i used as a shoulder bag and held it in busy places as to not get pickpocketed, all i had in the bag was my wallet and iphone which i used for music on the bus. The bus is mostly for sleeping (as you leave around 7am and everyone tends to party everynight) and chatting so i didnt need much entertainment, and then i used this bag for my daily bag as well. The bus will stop every 3-4 hours for the driver to rest so you have a chance to buy food etc so its suggested to have your wallet with you in your seat :)

• 22 Apr 2013 NMayhew said

NMayhew

Awesome, that clears things up heaps!! Thank-you!!!! :-D

• 1 May 2013 Kristin said

Kristin

Can I chime in on this thread? I’ll be doing the European highlights concept tour in 3 weeks and I did not know a sleeping bag was required. Even though it’ll be warm should we still bring one?

• 1 May 2013 Sarah said

Sarah

It really depends where you’re going, i was only cold in Austria, Im thinking this time round ill just pack extra clothes and wear layers rather than take a sleeping bag as im going to scotland and ireland after and ill need warm clothes, but thats just me, i cant speak for you :)

• 6 Jul 2013 tashdem5 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys on concept tours do the hostels supply you with clean sheets and blankets? Or is this the reason why they tell us to bring sleeping bags because nothing is supplied?
    Thanks

• 6 Jul 2013 Sarah said

Sarah

Some do some dont :) eg berlin munich venice etc did but austria didnt :)

• 6 Jul 2013 NMayhew said

NMayhew

Do you get pillows at the hostels etc??

• 7 Jul 2013 Sarah said

Sarah

same as my above post some do some dont, in austria all we got was a bed with no linen or pillows at all and most other had everything you needed, my boyfriend and myself have decided not to bring sleeping bags we are just gonna take some cold weather clothes because we are going to scotland after anyway :) taking the gamble lol

• 7 Jul 2013 NMayhew said

NMayhew

haha fair enough! Good luck! Scotland is bloody cold :-P Thanks!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion