Community_discussions_small  

Question

1st contiki trip questions bag/camera/sleeping bag

1 Apr 2013 Morgz asked

Morgz

hey guys

so this is going to be my first contiki trip.. so excited i cant wait :)
doing the 32day easy rider in june 2013
just wondering what everyone's opinions are on a few things:

main bag= suitcase or backpack?
day bag= backpack or handbag? ive heard its easier for people to steal stuff off u in europe when u have a backpack on... eg: slashing your bag or pick pocketing
sleeping bag= is it easier to take your own or buy one from contiki there?
camera= dslr or compact camera?
if dslr would u take full camera bag or just protective case in your handbag?

any opinions would be great

• 2 Apr 2013 kathleen92 said

kathleen92

http://www.facebook.com/groups/386896784689402/
    Hey this group here answers a lot of your questions about luggage :)
    I’m doing th enig chill 46 days, and taking a suitcase, I’ve been advised against a backpack for during the day so decided on a pacsafe bag. I’m just gonna buy a sleeping bag over there, too much to cart over there I reckon, they say the sleeping bags from the basement are really good. As for the camera situation, I’m taking both.. My dslr for during the day and my compact Samsung for at night. I think I will find some sort of protective case for my dslr and just put it in my pacsafe bag.

Hope this helps a wee bit :)

• 2 Apr 2013 Rhys Halliwell said

Rhys Halliwell

I’m taking my dslr in a special backpack with a compartment down the bottom that holds it, which should leave me plenty of room at the top for everything else I need during the day. If you are worried about people slashing the straps then there are companies that sell bags that are slash proof. There is one company called pacsafe which I just bought a travel safe from so I can keep my expensive items safely chained up in the hotel when I go out for the night. Check around the Internet and you can probably find something good for whatever you need.

• 2 Apr 2013 Rhys Halliwell said

Rhys Halliwell

I’m taking my dslr in a special backpack with a compartment down the bottom that holds it, which should leave me plenty of room at the top for everything else I need during the day. If you are worried about people slashing the straps then there are companies that sell bags that are slash proof. There is one company called pacsafe which I just bought a travel safe from so I can keep my expensive items safely chained up in the hotel when I go out for the night. Check around the Internet and you can probably find something good for whatever you need.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.