Community_discussions_small  

Comment

grnd souther 26/01/08 and new york new year 07/08

25 Jun 2007 Julz said

Default_avatar
ill be diong both these tours by myself but will have a big gap of 3 weeks between. anyone else with the same idea?
  • 26 Jun 2007 Julz said

Default_avatar

Yea i was thinking of doing the LA scene too. im also travelling by myself, ( 21 yr old kiwi female but currently living in sydney) im about to book the new york new year and grand southern (26/01/08)( going to book early next week) im a bit cautious bout the gap in between being by myself tho. but im sure ill find something interesting to do . if ya thinking bout doing the same it would be kool to have some cfompany lol. not be all by little self

• 29 Jun 2007 Sha said

Default_avatar

Hey Jess

Im doing the Grand Southern on Jan 26th and i will be under 21 aswell so if you come i’m sure we will be able to have a blast even if we cant get in to some places…I’ve done alot of reading and it seems in some places where there is big groups its easy to get in without ID but in other places its hard…Either way in all the reviews on being underage the most nights that people seem to go out clubbing or doing stuff where being under 21 limits u is like 3-4 nights of the entire tour…apparently the rest is like room parties and jus dinner and those soughts of things! Im not a huge clubbing person so im not bothered by the age thing anyways but im sure it will still be absolutely brillant!!

Come along!!
    If u wana talk to me or anything my email is shararulz@hotmail.com

Sha!

• 30 Jun 2007 Julz said

Default_avatar

hey gurlz!

well ill be 22 on the tour but i aint a huge clubbing person. might like to do it a bit to experience it but wont be out every night so ill def be able to hang out with yas too . yay we getting quite the little possee happening. how exciting. so where all u girls from ?

• 30 Jun 2007 Julz said

Default_avatar

heya jess!

its up to u when ya go but i dont think youll be the only one under 21! and im sure ya will be able to get into some of the clubs. also i wont go out every night. u thinking of just doing the grand southern ? or grand southern and new york new year? i put my deposit down for all three . ( LA scene too)

• 30 Jun 2007 Sha said

Default_avatar

Hey!!

Wow now im really really really excited!!! I was thinking the same about Vegas Jess but im sure we will be fine because there are so many other things to do and we can always go and see another show and do stuff like that too!! Im glas Jules that u’ll join us some nights too!! Wow this is all so cool!

I live about an hour out of the city in a little place called Glen Alpine…I’m 5 min from a major shopping centre (Macarthur Square) and 5mins the other way and im in the country with horses and the lot!

Im only doing the one tour but im spending 3weeks before with a friend in Alabama which will be a really interesting experience!

I read that the Grand Canyon will be like -19 degrees – ARGGH! How cold is that!!!

Well im so glad ur coming Jess, it will be awesome!

I cant wait to meet both of you!!
    Sha!

• 30 Jun 2007 Julz said

Default_avatar

hey jess and sha

yea sha i know macarther i use to live in a new estate ( blair athol) which is like 5 min walk from there. its so cool that we live so close .i currently live out near a lil place called helensburgh (its about 20 min b4 wollongong) anyway! getting so excited now cant wait.

jess: what do you plan on doin between new york new year and LA scene? im still up in the air a bit but am thinking possibly about doing a “trek america” tour (northeast cruisin) that leaves new york on 04/01/08 and is only 10 days so returns to new york on 13/01/08. i was thinking about it cos its not too expensive ($1400 which is prob just about what id spend on a hotel in new york anyway) and its the only tour i could find that goes to canada in winter. and its also for youg ppl (18-38) i dono! you got any plans for that inbetween time ?

• 30 Jun 2007 Jessica Knight said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone!!
    It’s so exciting that there are more people who have booked the same tour as me now. When I booked it I was the only one on this site who was going and now it seems as though there are heaps of us!!
    Jess and Sha, you shouldnt worry about being under 21 when we go. I will be 23, but I am sure that I am not going to want to go out every night as I am not a huge party person – I value sleep way too much!! But I am sure there will be plenty of things to do at night that doesnt involve clubbing. It’s America – I’m sure we will never be bored!!
    Well by my count it was only 30 weeks yesterday until the Grand Southern starts. It is going so quickly I’m soooooooooo excited, as I am sure you all are. Have any of you thought about what optional activities you might do. I think that I am going to try and do most of them, from what I have read most of them are worth it.
    Well we should all definitely keep in touch before the tour starts! I dont have an email address of my own, so it will have to be on this site.
    Bye for now
    Jess

• 30 Jun 2007 Sha said

Default_avatar

Hey!

Julz – yea i no Blair Athol! It is cool we live close! We could even try and meet up before the tour!

Jessica – as far as optionals go im pretty sure i will do all of them tho not keen on the Hot Air Balloon…a slight phobia of hot air balloons but yea everything else i think i will do. Though i have heard that the Cabaret show in LA is not great and that there are better shows which u can get tix to but still i’ll probly do the group one anyway!!

But yea optionals look really good and ur so right about the age thing!

Gosh talking to you all makes me so much more excited!!

Sha! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 1 Jul 2007 Julz said

Default_avatar

hey jess

well im estiamting for all four tours (including my trek america tour if i dop it ) plus flights from chch to new york, new york to LA and LA to london and visa fees and fees for a agency to set me up with a pub job in UK at about $10000 plus spending money. altho cos im going to UK for a year i gotta travel as light as possible so prob wont buy much ( just food and optionals etc ) yea i wouldnt mind going to miami. how far from LA is that ?

• 1 Jul 2007 Leecy22 said

Default_avatar

Don’t worry girls, I’m not the clubbing type, and I’ll be 24 when we are there.

The main thing I really want to do in Las Vegas is gambling, but as for going out, like Jessica Knight, I value my sleep highly! I’m doing the more sight-seeing stuff, definitely not paying $$$ to party when I can do that at home. Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

Sha, trust me when I say this, but do the balloon, I’m going and when I did it a few years back it was the best experience! I even had my reservations at first, but once you are up there, it’s awesome! Plus, you are pretty safe up there too!

Not too long to go now, I think it will really hit me when it gets close to the time. Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

BTW: If you would like to contact me, my addy is snoopy_korn83@hotmail.com (I’ll only give my home email to those I know, wouldn’t advertise it on a public forum)

• 1 Jul 2007 Nin155 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys.

My name is Steph. Im booked to go on Grand Southern as well. How exciting to meet a few of the people on my tour!

It is going to come and go so quickly but how exciting! I booked the tour in January and it has already been six months since then. Scary stuff.

Ready the past messages in the forum, i have become alot more excited about the tour and how much fun we are all going to have together. I actually live close to both Sha and Julz. I live about 20 minutes from Mac Square off the M5 near Bonnyrigg. It is good that we all live quite close to each other!

Regarding all the optional activites mentioned by Jessica, i will probably do most of the activites that they offer. Its a once in a life time opportunity so why the hell not i say!!

Don’t worry for all you under 21 year olds!! im in the same boat as you guys! i won’t quite be 21 either which kind of sucks but oh well, we will find many ways to keep us all occupied like room parties and stuff so that will be good. Also reading up on some clubs in the USA, they allow some 18s and over but i don’t know if we will find many of them! But hey, we will work something out to keep the fun rolling.

Well keep in touch guys! Looking forward to getting to meet you all. My email address is stephnis@hotmail.com. So email me or add me to you msn messanger. Speak to you guys soon.

Steph Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 1 Jul 2007 Sha said

Default_avatar

Hey girls!

This is great that we are getting to know each other before we go! It will make the trip so much more fun!

Im very relaxed about being underage now! I was freaking out thinking i would be alone every night but im so happy now and as u say Jess we will never be alone anyway!

Leecy22…im still not sure about the hot air balloon but perhaps once im on the tour i’ll have more ummm “incentive” to come!! it would give my parents a heart-attack i swear but what they dont no until i get back home cant hurt them…there is a good story behind not wanting to go but i dont want to freak anyone out or put anyone off so i mite not say it until after!!

I think the tour will hit me when i check my bank balance next time…falling lower and lower…! haha

Take care! Sha! Razzer<!--graemlin::p-->

• 1 Jul 2007 Sha said

Default_avatar

Sorry i didn even realise there was a second page when i wrote the first response!!

Steph – Its great to know there is another underage one among us!! I imagine there will be more once we get on the tour!
    I no Bonnyrigg! Its such a small world i swear! Im glad we live close! Means we can catch up and reminise bout the trup together!! haha

Sha!

• 2 Jul 2007 Sha said

Default_avatar

Hey,

Im arriving on the 13th Jan and flying to Alabama, and i’ll be in LA on the morning of the 25th ready for the tour the next day

I’m flying out the very next day (19th) but not until the night…couldnt stay longer because i have to get back for uni…

Sha!

• 2 Jul 2007 Nin155 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,

I fly out of Sydney on the 18th direct to San Francisco. I am staying their for 5 days then i fly to LA and spend a day in LA and then meet the tour in Anaheim.

Upon finishing the tour, i am staying in New York for an extra 5 days flying out of NY on the 23rd of February.

Steph

• 3 Jul 2007 Leecy22 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Sha:

Leecy22…im still not sure about the hot air balloon but perhaps once im on the tour i’ll have more ummm “incentive” to come!! it would give my parents a heart-attack i swear but what they dont no until i get back home cant hurt them…there is a good story behind not wanting to go but i dont want to freak anyone out or put anyone off so i mite not say it until after!!

I think the tour will hit me when i check my bank balance next time…falling lower and lower…! haha

Take care! Sha! Razzer<!--graemlin::p-->

Don’t worry about the parents! Wink<!--graemlin:;)--> Mine blew a stack when they found out I wanted to go scuba diving with sharks, but did it anyway and don’t regret it one bit! Ballooning is so great, it feels like you’re literally floating!! But it’s up to you either way, that’s just my opinion.

Regarding flights, I’m getting in to LA from Melb on 24th, so that gives me two full days (hiring a car too so will make travel easier) and upon leaving I will be staying in NY until the 22nd.

I’d spend more time there but I won’t have the funds/holidays owing. Definitely will be going again either way.

• 3 Jul 2007 Sha said

Default_avatar

Hey!

Leecy22 – i think i would blow a stack if i went swimming with Sharks!!! wow – ur game!! Ive always wanted to go in a hot air baloon but its jus been my olds telling me stories that has stopped me but still…i’ll probly go!

If we are all at the hotel where Contiki leaves from, or even if we arent we could all possibly meet up the night before the tour starts for dinner or something? I know that there is a group meeting that night anyways so we could go from there…Jus a thought!

Take Care!
    Sha! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 4 Jul 2007 RYNO said

Default_avatar

wow girls, ure starting quite the lil chic gang here arent ya…. looks like im going to be out numbered in the male 2 female ratio this trip, but u guys all seem aiight so its cool.

take care
    c yas on tour in 10000000000000000000000000 seconds.

Ryan

• 4 Jul 2007 Leecy22 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Sha:
    Hey!

Leecy22 – i think i would blow a stack if i went swimming with Sharks!!! wow – ur game!! Ive always wanted to go in a hot air baloon but its jus been my olds telling me stories that has stopped me but still…i’ll probly go!

If we are all at the hotel where Contiki leaves from, or even if we arent we could all possibly meet up the night before the tour starts for dinner or something? I know that there is a group meeting that night anyways so we could go from there…Jus a thought!

Take Care!
    Sha! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

Trust me Sha, your parents sound like mine!! It is really safe in the balloon, you will be fine! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> And of course, you’ll love every minute of it, I did!!

My dive with the sharks certainly was something, I was a lil nervous at first, but it was so fun, I wanted to go again!!

Feel free to email me if you wish, I put it in this thread somewhere. Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Going out beforehand sounds great, count me in! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

RYNO, I’m sure there will be a few guys, they’ll all come out when it gets closer! Although, you probably might like it this way!! LOL!

BTW, feel free to call me Elise (my real name) Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 4 Jul 2007 Sha said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone!

Elise – yea i’ll probly come but hey for now ssshhh!! haha (and i jus announce it to the world!) LOL well done me! haha

Ryno – i also thought the same thing as Elise – if i was a guy i wouldnt complain about a bus of girls! haha

Catching up will be good for sure! Im so excited about this trip!!

Jus want January to come!!!

Take care!
    Sha!

PS Elise – i’ll email u when i get a chance!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion