Community_discussions_small  

Question

Winter Wanderer 8th of November?

4 Apr 2013 PaigeK asked

PaigeK

Hey,

I have decided to go with this date instead of the 1st Nov.
Keen to meet some others who will also be doing this one!
:)

• 8 Apr 2013 walshienz said

walshienz

Oh darn haha should have gone with the 1st November haha :)

• 8 Apr 2013 PaigeK said

PaigeK

Gahhh I’m so confused I have no idea which one I want to do!! I have put the deposit down which can be moved. Have you met anyone else going on the 1st?

walshienz

Haha just go with which one feels right for you. Not really, theres only one other person in the meet up group for the 1st November tour.. Soo would be great to have some more people join..hint hint haha

But totally up to you.. Im sure both tours will be great!

• 8 Apr 2013 PaigeK said

PaigeK

Haha hopefully the tour runs then :|
    That would suck.. I’m sure it will be fine though, there’s still plenty of time.
    I just don’t know what to do haha. Have you booked flights yet? I was just looking and they’ve gotten so pricey!

walshienz

Yeah it better still go.. otherwise my plans would be ruined haha.. but yeah still lots of time.

Iv posted a thing on these forums seeing who else is comming on the 1st, and one girl replied who has just got back from a Winter Wanderer.. if you can find my post, you should read her feedback.. its quite helpful..

Yup booked flights about a month or so ago.. and definately are getting very expensive.. Im flying with Thai Airways via bangkok..

• 8 Apr 2013 PaigeK said

PaigeK

Oohh what was the question? I can’t seem to find it.. Do you have the link?

• 9 Apr 2013 PaigeK said

PaigeK

Heyyy, I’ve decided to go with the 8th Nov… Only because it’s a Guaranteed trip, and the travel agent said to me that November can be a tricky season to go in, so if a trip is already Guaranteed I should definitely jump on it.. :)

• 10 Apr 2013 walshienz said

walshienz

Heya,

How do you find out if its a guaranteed trip? Im only doing the 1st November as im also doing the Great Britain and Ireland tour which departs on October 11th and ends on 27th October I think. so have 5 days in between in London, and then going on the Winter wanderer after.. So hopefully we get enough people coming on the 1st November as I would have to change everything.. You got me bit worried now!!

• 10 Apr 2013 PaigeK said

PaigeK

Sorry I didn’t mean to stress you, on the trip page it shows you a legend and the tours with white corners mean that they are guaranteed trips, my travel agent was good, he explained how November is a “shoulder” month/season and trips don’t tend to get fully booked and occasionally some can fail to run.. But theres obviously no way of telling whether it will run or not…
    Worse scenario, you could just do some solo travel until the 8th tour if you had to… I’ll be flying into London on the 3rd Nov. :)

walshienz

oh I see now.. god didn’t even look at that.. oh well ill just have to wait and see what happens…

• 10 Apr 2013 PaigeK said

PaigeK

Yeah :) I’m sure it’ll be fine! How long are you sticking around for after your tour?

walshienz

haha i hope so! I knowing my luck something will go wrong..

not long, only have one night then heading home (stopping in Bangkok for two nights on the way home)

I arrive into London on 10th October, start my Great Britain and Ireland tour on the 11th October, come back to London, have 5 days, then start winter wanderer (hopefully it goes hehe) then stay one night and depart London on 25th November.. So am away for 7 weeks in total, and was lucky to get annual leave from work.. Would love to have stayed on longer and do more, but actually don’t think i would have the money to do anything else..

Are you doing any other tours?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.