Community_discussions_small  

Comment

cell phone

26 Feb 2009 Alli said

Alli
Hi everyone!

First of all, I know there are tons of posts dedicated to cell/mobile phones and the desirability of bringing them on tours. I've read through a lot of them but I just can't seem to get the answer I'm looking for, so hopefully some nice Canadian can help me! I'm from Canada and will be travelling to Europe in May. I want to have a cell phone when I'm there for emergency purposes/general "I'm still alive" updates to my parents, but MOSTLY for texting. My service provider in Canada is Rogers. Should I a) not do anything and just go over with my current cell phone and sim card and just use it as need be? Will my bill be astronomical if I mostly just text?? b) have my phone unlocked and buy a sim card for Europe, with minutes on it. Will this be cheaper for me as well as my boyfriend back home who I will be texting most of the time? or c) just buy/rent a European/international phone? I'm quite stupid when it comes to technology, and I've been trying to do a lot of research about this topic and I just keep getting confused!

If anyone could give me some advice that would be great! Thanks for reading this Smiler
  • 5 Apr 2013 janix said

Default_avatar

Did you get a new mobile already? Is There a Spyware on your Mobile? you need it get rid of spywares.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.