Community_discussions_small  

Comment

22 day camping questions - i have just returned - please ask away

2 Jul 2007 darthilicious said

Default_avatar
hi, i have just returned from 22 day camping - 5 th june

i had a great time, and i would be happy to help anyone else with any questions you may have before your trip, so please ask as much as you like and i will try and help
  • 30 Mar 2011 Linds said

Linds

Ah byron you amazing!!! that is exactly the information I have been looking for. thanks so so much. Im planning on doing pretty much all of the optional activities but your estimations on spending money for food and booze has helped me very much. Thanks.

• 31 Mar 2011 planetbyron said

planetbyron

lol no worries. feel free to add me on facebook (byron espedido) and check out some contiki pics :)

• 4 Apr 2011 Jessica said

Jessica

for those who has been on a contiki trip i was just wondering how do you find out who you are rooming with? do they give you advance notice or is it a surprise kinda thing

• 4 Apr 2011 CatherineOz said

Default_avatar

On my tour a list was passed around the bus and you simply wrote down who you wanted to share with, and those who were travelling on their own paired up.

• 8 May 2011 rhani said

rhani

would luggae 16cm too big get me in trouble?

• 9 May 2011 tina.marie said

tina.marie

I have a very important question: I just purchased a new suitcase for a suuuuper cheap price, so I was stoked on it. I was always aware of the weight restriction for luggage but as I read more I see there are SIZE restrictions as well… My bag is big… I NEED to know how to properly measure this sucker. I can’t see to find a definite answer anywhere online so I figured I ’d try with you :) Any advice?

• 10 May 2011 planetbyron said

planetbyron

This might help:

“Contiki Tours in Europe have a luggage restriction of 1×20 kilogram (44lbs) bag and 1 x carry on (roughly 5 kilograms/12lb) bag. This weight restriction is for legal requirements within the European Union as well as for your comfort and safety. The size restriction of you main luggage is 73cm x 50cm x 25cm (29” x 20” x 10”) is also observed.”

You need to get a tape measure, and measure the longest part of your luggage, and make sure its not longer than 73cm! then measure how wide your bag is (side to side) and make sure its not more than 50cm! then measure how THICK the luggage is and make sure its no more than 25cm!

Is this what you wanted to know?

Rhani: not sure about that one…i think it myt be ok…but best check before hand by calling contiki

http://contiki.com.au/contikipedia/articles/weight-limits-and-size-europe

• 13 Jul 2011 Linds said

Linds

hi, i hope someone gets this.. Im going on my camping contiki next month and i was wondering if the 20kg main luggage includes our sleeping bads etc or can we pack that seperately or does our main luggage and sleeping stuff have to weigh 20kg’s or less all together.. hope to hear from someone soon.. thanks :)

• 20 Apr 2012 Jennifer said

Jennifer

1. Does it get cold at night sleeping in the tents?

2. What type of shoes/clothes should I bring?

3. Where do you take a shower?

• 9 Dec 2013 Jake92 said

Jake92

‘;#’;;#

• 4 Jun 2014 sarah_narleen said

sarah_narleen

Damn, definitely should’ve done a camping tour rather than budget!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.