Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Help Please!! =]

9 Dec 2007 Lauren87 said

Default_avatar
Looking at doing either the European Vista or the European Panorama in July/August 08...
I am really interested in going right up the swiss alps to Jungfrau, in the optional extra's for those two tours it doesn't mention it though Frowner

How come they don't offer this as an optional extra?

I have seen snow before but my fiance hasn't so really wanna go right up there as I have heard it is awesome plus we wanna see snow...!!
  • 9 Dec 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Hummm … well if it’s any consolation, instead of a visit to Jungfrau at 3454m, the hotels that you stay at for the Panorama/Vista are atop Mt. Pilatus at a leisurely 2100m.

The views are still stunning …

Sunset:

Sunset on the back side … different day:

Midnight:

No snow in July/August … but it can be quite cold!!

- Vic

• 10 Dec 2007 KiWi Chick said

Default_avatar

wow thats awesome

• 10 Dec 2007 Lauren87 said

Default_avatar

Wow that looks so awesome!!

Oh ok thanks for the info Matty!!

So will we maybe end up seeing snow anyway??

I have heard that not all tours end up staying at that place though, have heard of some people being disappointed coz they thought they were gonna stay there & didn’t? Is that true?

I’m sure either way it will be absolutely unreal!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 10 Dec 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar

You probably will see snow – just that it’ll be on the mountains very far away and much higher up. BTW, those pics were taken mid August.

There are probably only 2 reasons for not being able to make it to your hotel atop Mt. Pilatus; #1 is inclimate weather, but chances of you getting snowed-in in July/Aug are the same as myself walking on water or winning the lottery. So that leaves you with possibility #2 – that is your tour arrives late due to traffic or some acident and you are parked on the highway going nowhere fast. Then you’ll miss the last Gondola/cog train ride up the mountain. You could always hike up the trail if you’re feeling adventurous …

- Vic

• 13 Dec 2007 Erin C said

Default_avatar

I did the European Vista and in Lucerne we were able to spend our full day catching a train up into the Alps and then Cable cars, thats the cloest we were able to get…

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion