Community_discussions_small  

Comment

beaches and reefs

3 Sep 2007 jess said

Default_avatar
heya...im 18 and am planning on doing the beaches and reefs tour, was wondering if anyone can pass down some info on when the best time to go would be, also any extra activities you could recommend? much appreciated Confused
  • 4 Sep 2007 rafa said

Default_avatar

Best time to go is summer, I’m going on this tour from jan 3(dapart usa, beginning in sydnay jan 5) to jan 20.
    Abut the optional activites I would like some advices too about what I must do =]

• 4 Sep 2007 jess said

Default_avatar

cool cool. i wont be goin for a while yet though. let me know how you go, would love to hear about your trip and all the crazy stuff you get up to, also which activities you did and if they were worth the moolah…
    much appreciated Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 8 Sep 2007 said

Default_avatar

Hi Jess,

Umm all I have to say is summer would not be the best time to go because lots of the beaches are closed because of stingers, so if you want to go in the ocean it would be pointless. I just came back from the Reefs and Rainforest tour last month. So I went in the Winter. For most of the time you are in the tropics so the weather is hot anyways. The only time it gets cool is in Sydney, but even then it’s not really cold. So if you want nice weather you go in the winter, and if you want really hot weather you go in the summer. Also the optionals that are worth trying are the Great Barrier Reef tour in Cairns, I did the White Water Rafting which was worth it’s money; it was a great time, also Dracula’s Cabaret was really good and so was the food.

One more nice advice is that it is very expensive in Australia. Well depending on where you are from. I’m from Canada, so the prices down there for food are double the price in Canada. And alcohol is so expensive it’s like $15 a drink. Oh and most of the food on this tour IS NOT included so just a heads up for when you go.

Trina

• 3 Dec 2007 angelbunny78 said

Default_avatar

I’m 29 and looking to do this tour around Mid Jan-early Feb, anyone around my age going at that time?

• 4 Dec 2007 Davo said

Default_avatar

Geez Trina $15 a drink, what were you drinking???? Can i have some!!! Im Aussie and the most ive ever spent is about $9 on a black smirnoff!!!! Summer is a good time in Australia, just depends where you go!!! Not to sure right up north, but most beaches will be open. I suppose if i was a tourist visiting Australia i think that summer would be a better time than winter, water is warmer and more ppl on the beaches!!! BUt hey everyone to themselves Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 4 Dec 2007 said

Default_avatar

HI,

IT was at Dracula’s so it was probably overpriced.

Trina

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion