Community_discussions_small  

Comment

sending postcards

26 Aug 2007 Nikki said

Default_avatar
Just wondering if anyone knows approxiametly how long it takes for postcards and packages sent from europe to get back to Australia...

thanks, nikki
  • 26 Aug 2007 NatalieAnne said

Default_avatar

Well it was my dad’s bday the other week and he got a card from my aunty in the UK and it was post marked there the 12th and he got it by the 15th..so in this case 2-3 days

• 28 Aug 2007 Miranda said

Default_avatar

we sent postcards from corfu and it took roughly over 2 weeks to get back home

• 28 Aug 2007 Enigma said

Default_avatar

It all depends where you are sending from. It can range from a 2-3 days to over a couple of weeks. Some countries are terrible. I found Vatican City to be the most effecient in Europe. Your Tour manager would be the best person to ask….

• 29 Nov 2011 Pete said

Pete

Hey guys,

After years of traveling, we’ve just launched a new epostcard site so you don’t have to worry about stuff like that. We have online postcards from every continent that you can send via Facebook or email.
    No more stamps or coming home with unsent postcards. Just visit the nearest internet cafe. It’s in its infancy, and we’re trying to get the word out. So please check us out at ThePerfectPostcard.com before you go and spread the word.

We wish you happy travels from ThePerfectPostcard team. :)

p.s. It’s all free.

• 30 Nov 2011 Jen_au said

Jen_au

I posted packages from London and one from Dublin back home as I was travelling for 2 months so wanted to lighten my load a bit in between tours!! Took about a week I think??

• 2 Dec 2011 kate_goat said

kate_goat

Dont post them from Italy! Its the worst country, my tour manager warned about the postal service but I sent postcards from Venice anyway and they got there the morning I got back! and that was only because I got delayed because of the ash cloud a few months ago. so that was a few weeks getting to NZ!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion