Community_discussions_small  

Comment

European Horizon - April 16 - 25 2011

11 Jan 2011 Raps said

Raps
Hey all, couple of us Saffa guys are booked for this trip - can't wait, less than 3 months away!! Doing a few days in London before the tour starts so if anyone is keen to meet up give us a shout and can organise some sort of 'Arrival Dinner' Smiler
  • 13 Mar 2011 Adi said

Adi

I’ll be at the contiki hotel the night before, never been to London either..so happy to play it by ear..

• 20 Mar 2011 EAST-WEST said

EAST-WEST

hi guys i can not wait any longer it is just 24 days to go and then i am off to europe i will not join you guys in london but will join you guys in amsterdam i am flying form south africa to amsterdam the 15 april at 23h20 ansd get to amsterdam on 16 april at 9h30.

• 20 Mar 2011 Nomad99 said

Nomad99

Hey…..so excited to c u all guys…I am from India, residing UK. The London weather is getting a lot better, and hope it may warm up by that time… xx

• 21 Mar 2011 katee90 said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys, my cousin and I are also on this trip, we are from Australia and are doing this trip for her 21st birthday which will be whilst we are in Amsterdam. We are very excited now that it is getting so close! Looking forward to meeting you all.

• 23 Mar 2011 Raps said

Raps

Oh dear, a 21st….on contiki…..in Amsterdam – that should be illegal!! :) My mate and I are doing a week in Amsterdam before we head to London for the start of the tour so will scout about for a 21st celebration worthy venue!! 24 DAYS!!!

• 23 Mar 2011 Beks said

Beks

Hard to know what Gaddafi’s intentions are, or that of his supporters, but as the conflict is currently restricted to Libya, all our tours are still running as scheduled.
    ~Beks :)

• 23 Mar 2011 EAST-WEST said

EAST-WEST

Thanks For the info But i am flying From South Africa And does the plane not fly over libya to get to amsterdam?

• 23 Mar 2011 Beks said

Beks

If there is any question of public safety, I’m your airline will either amend their flightpath or schedule.
    ~Beks

• 24 Mar 2011 Raps said

Raps

Don’t stress, it’s a no fly zone so we get diverted onto another route (which adds no time to the flight) – happy days!!

• 24 Mar 2011 EAST-WEST said

EAST-WEST

ok thanks!!!!!!!

• 27 Mar 2011 EAST-WEST said

EAST-WEST

hey guys just 18 days to go then our tour starts can not wait any more!!!!!!

• 29 Mar 2011 DocStar said

Default_avatar

hey all…hope we are all getting excited about this trip. 17 days before take off if i remember correctly (leave on the 15th and start up on the 16th, no?). quick question in regard to packing – so i checked the guidelines and it looks as if they are suggesting either a carry-on suitcase or a backpack, not one or the other. for some reason i remember reading that we could bring both, and the suitcase would remain on the bus and the back pack we could take with as we are adventuring and what not. did i make this or does anyone else remember reading the same? or iif Beks could shed some light on this packing question, that would be great too.

• 30 Mar 2011 Beks said

Beks

Hey DocStar, you can take either a suitcase or backpack as your main luggage. You can also take a small bag as carry-on like a daypack. Does that make sense? :) ~Beks

PS Have a brilliant time!!

• 30 Mar 2011 Carita said

Default_avatar

Hi, ANOTHER 2 more South Africans joining the trip.
    We are from Jo’Burg….soooooo excited!!!!

• 30 Mar 2011 Carita said

Default_avatar

we leave at 20h00 on the 14th, spend the 15th in London and 16th awaits…we will also be spending 26, 27, 28 and 29 April in London just for the hell of it! See you there!!!!!

• 1 Apr 2011 EAST-WEST said

EAST-WEST

Hey Guys Just 13 days to go then i am off to JHB and 14 Days then off to Amsterdam counting the days off!!!!!!!

• 6 Apr 2011 BigCountry Williams said

BigCountry Williams

I’m going on the same tour either July 27th or Aug 2nd. Let me know how it was.

join my group. so we all can talk about this tour whether or not we have dif dates

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=641710757&aid=215673#!/home.php?sk=group_196107973757737

• 6 Apr 2011 EAST-WEST said

EAST-WEST

hey guys just 10 days then i am off to join you guys in amsterdam can not wait is there anyone that are flying from JHB to AMSTERDAM non stop on this flight 15 APRIL at 23h20 on KLM get to AMSTERDAM on the 16 APRIL AT 10H30 AM ? Please let me know so we can meet up at OR THAMBO AIRPORT be fore we leave? See you all next saterday!!! How much money are you guys takeing with to spend in euros and swiss franc’s?? Safe flight every one !!!! Nico Oosthuizen

• 7 Apr 2011 BigCountry Williams said

BigCountry Williams

Why would you need a sleeping bag, won’t u be in hotels

• 11 Apr 2011 Raps said

Raps

Hi guys, just a few more days until we get going on our tour!! :)
    Been in Amsterdam for the last 48 hours – having so much fun it’s ridiculous!! Just to let you know……bring shorts/skirts etc! The weather here has been great and we only put warm tops and long pants on at night when it gets a bit chilly, the rest of the time has been shorts and t-shirts…..hopefully it stays that way!!
    See you in London from Thursday!! :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.