Community_discussions_small  

Question

Who is doing Sep 11th 2013 Inca Panorama?

8 Apr 2013 kathleenfrankas asked

kathleenfrankas

Hi my name is Kathleen, I'm 25 from Melbourne Australia. Just wondering who's heading to Peru this September? :)

• 11 Jul 2013 Jonathan Fairburn said

Jonathan Fairburn

Hey Kathleen. I am going to Peru to do the Peru Uncovered tour. This also starts September 11th, just checked the itinerary for your holiday and it’s identical to the first 11 days of my holiday. Maybe we’ll be grouped together to start?
    Jonathan Fairburn (Skegness, England)

• 12 Jul 2013 TayleeJ said

TayleeJ

I’m doing the Peru Uncovered on September 11th also!
    Definitely see you there Jonathan and perhaps you too Kathleen. I’m from Adelaide, maybe I will see you on the flight over too! haha

• 12 Jul 2013 Jonathan Fairburn said

Jonathan Fairburn

Are either of you landing a day early in Lima? My flight times mean I have to go on the 10th. Although I will be quite knackered I will no doubt be looking forward to some food and a couple of beers.

• 13 Jul 2013 TayleeJ said

TayleeJ

I’m staying in Lima with a family from the 8th so on the night of the 10th I was possibly going to check in to the contiki hotel..in which case will DEFINITELY be up for beer! Im so excited!

• 13 Jul 2013 Jonathan Fairburn said

Jonathan Fairburn

#i know how you feel, it’s felt like an age away until this week. Then I realized I’ve only got eight more weeks at work before I go.
    You know there’s a forum just for our holiday right? There’s only one other person in it at the minute (Jess from San Francisco) but it could be worth checking it out. I’m sure more people will join it closer to September.

• 15 Jul 2013 kathleenfrankas said

kathleenfrankas

Hi guys, nice to finally have someone answer to my question haha
    I will be in Lima a day earlier aswell so def up for drinks and dinner the night before.

• 16 Jul 2013 TayleeJ said

TayleeJ

Yes! the MeetUps thing? I can’t work it out haha. I think it might be because I have only paid the deposit, so may not get the info I need to sign in to it until I have properly paid.

• 19 Jul 2013 TayleeJ said

TayleeJ

Another question kids! What vaccinations are you all getting? I have only had yellow fever, hep A and typhoid. I’m a little concerned about not having had rabies, even though the travel doc didn’t list it as one I had to have.

• 19 Jul 2013 Jonathan Fairburn said

Jonathan Fairburn

I’m still using my vaccinations from when I went to Botswana last November, the nurse at the time said I’d be fine. I think I had Hep A (with B thrown in for good measure), typhoid an One other (probably yellow fever maybe) I just kind of turned up, said “jab me” and left. Sorry that’s probably absolutely no help what so ever.

Yeah the meet ups thing is probably for only after full payment is received by Contiki.

Sorry for the slow response I’ve been isolated from civilization for the past week. Hope your all ok? It’s nearly time to start getting excited!

• 28 Jul 2013 Danielle said

Danielle

Hey Kathleen!! Looks like I’m on your tour, too! I was supposed to go the 18th but they’ve switched me to the 11th. I’m 28, from Canada and traveling by myself. Super excited! A bit nervous!!

• 29 Jul 2013 kathleenfrankas said

kathleenfrankas

Hi Danielle :) I’m also coming by myself and i have to say nervous and excited as well!

To answer the questions about vaccinations I’m having pretty much everything (inc rabies) as afterwards I’m doing conservation work in the Amazon Lodge. I think if you have the Hep A B and yellow fever. Ask your doctor they’ll know.

• 4 Aug 2013 belle said

belle

Hey guys!
    Sorry to chime in on this discussion!
    Im thinking of doing the Peru uncovered trip leaving September 11 too!
    Just wondering whether you guys are going to stay any extra days in Peru after the trip??
    So excited!
    Belle

• 5 Aug 2013 Jonathan Fairburn said

Jonathan Fairburn

I’d love to stay a few extra days in Peru after the trip. I can only get three weeks off work though at a time. Kathleen is going into the rainforest though for a little bit that could be worth looking into. I’ve got a friend that’s doing the same/similar about 5 days after I get home. It sounds good to me what I’ve heard so far.

• 25 Aug 2013 Carla said

Carla

Hi guys, my brother and I are doing the Inca Panorama tour too. We’re arriving in Lima the night of the 9th and staying at the contiki hotel so will prob be up for drinks!
    As far as jabs, I only had typhoid and hep A, the travel doc said yellow fever shouldn’t be a risk where we’re going at this time of year…. I hope he’s right, I’m getting nervous now! :S

• 29 Aug 2013 Sara said

Sara

Count me in!! I was originally headed to Egypt, but just made last minute cancellations and have jumped on board the peruvian train. I haven’t been able to join the meet up yet as contiki haven’t changed my travel details. I have a few days before and a few days post the tour too. Would love to meet up before the tour if anyone else is around :D See you guys in a couple of weeks! xx

• 30 Aug 2013 TayleeJ said

TayleeJ

Hi Carla and Sara! Can’t wait to meet you both. Sorry you had to cancel your trip to Egypt Sara, but great to have another on board for Peru. Yay!!! See you all VERY soon :)

• 30 Aug 2013 Sara said

Sara

Magic Taylee. I arrive on the 8th too! We should definitely catch up and do something together. I am meeting up with one of my friends who has been to Peru next week to see what he did and recommends doing. Will you have a phone with you? I am getting a travel sim :)

• 30 Aug 2013 TayleeJ said

TayleeJ

I’m not sure about having a phone yet. I will definitely have iPad so you can find me on Facebook (search Taylee Jones) and we can go from there? The family I’m staying with have some things planned by the sounds..but I may have a free day (or even the day before contiki starts, because I’m checking in to the hotel the night before)

• 31 Aug 2013 kathleenfrankas said

kathleenfrankas

Hi girls :)

I will be arriving on the 9th also Carla! I have a travel sim but Ive heard its easy to buy a cheap phone and sim while were there. Getting close! Cant wait to meet you guys and have a ball
    xx

• 3 Sep 2013 Sara said

Sara

I have finally joined the meet up! Yay :) There are only 4 people in there though. Not many people have joined. I guess I will see you all in Peru!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.