Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern Sept 23rd 2013 LA-NYC :D

8 Apr 2013 sarah_819 asked

sarah_819

hey just booked onto this trip today :D just looking to see who else is coming on this date? x

• 13 May 2013 Jon said

Jon

Hey Sarah I just booked this trip too. So excited! I hope people join us as it seems pretty dead on this date so far haha

• 13 May 2013 sarah_819 said

sarah_819

Hello nice to meet u and nice to have someone else going on this trip as well finally :) haha I’m sure it will fill up its early days yet :) I’m so excited to are u staying over in Los Angeles b4 the trip and new York after?

• 14 May 2013 Jon said

Jon

haha yeh you’re right, we got a bit of a wait yet! Yeh I think I will spend about 4 days in both LA and NY before and after, was looking into doing one of those short contiki tours in those cities but I think I’ll just do them on my own terms. How bout u? Where abouts you coming from?

• 14 May 2013 sarah_819 said

sarah_819

I’m from near Liverpool in England. I’m staying over in LA the night b4 in the hotel off the trip and planning on staying on in NY but not booked a hotel yet wanted to see what others were planning on doing first :)

• 22 May 2013 Ethan said

Default_avatar

hey I’m doing this trip too, so pumped cannot wait, are you both going solo?

• 23 May 2013 Jon said

Jon

Yeh mate I’m going solo, gonna be awesome. I see you’re from Sydney, if ya don’t mind me asking who are you flying with to get there? I’m from Brisbane and trying to organise a flight and just trying to do it as cheap as possible but I’m an idiot and didn’t book when AirNewzealand had a sweet deal going.

• 23 May 2013 Ethan said

Default_avatar

I’m flying Qantas, I spent a heap though I have 8 flights booked & leave in August, so probs no good to you. I’ve got friends going next month though and pretty sure they got return flights with Qantas to LA for $1700.

• 24 May 2013 sarah_819 said

sarah_819

Im going solo. nearly paid my full balance off one more payment to save :) how much spends are u’s taking? have u got visas?

• 24 May 2013 Ethan said

Default_avatar

I havent really put that much thought into it yet, maybe $3000. And no haven’t done visa yet, they’re pretty easy just need to register online and print it off, I’d assume UK would be the same…

• 27 Jun 2013 sarah_819 said

sarah_819

we should add a group on facebook and see what people have planned b4 and after the trip im sarah Bennett on facebook with me in a horsehead picture as my profile :)

• 27 Jun 2013 Steff said

Steff

im also going on this tour =D planning to arrive on the 19 th in LA, anyone got accommodation booked b4 the tour?

• 27 Jun 2013 sarah_819 said

sarah_819

I’m booked in on the night b4 through contiki but not booked the flight yet tho do don’t actually know what day I will be arriving yet x

• 30 Jun 2013 Jon said

Jon

Hi Steff I’m arriving on the 18th in LA but not sure where I’m going to stay yet. Probably some cheap accommodation somewhere but haven’t really looked into it yet. Have u booked accom before the tour? And Sarah that’s a good idea, can ya just start a group and the rest of us join? I don’t really know how it works haha

• 30 Jun 2013 Steff said

Steff

i tried to book the accommodation with contiki the night b4 the tour but was already full ;/ so it will be somewhere cheap for me as well =) Planning to stay for like 4 nights in NYC after the tour as well , just have to organize my flights first ! : )

• 2 Jul 2013 bridget said

bridget

ive booked this tour

• 2 Jul 2013 bridget said

bridget

im also doing this tour, going solo from Melbourne

• 2 Jul 2013 sheenamariev said

sheenamariev

Hey guys, thinking of booking this tour as well. Just feeling slightly nervous as it’s my first time travelling solo.

• 2 Jul 2013 Ethan said

Default_avatar

I’m sure you’ll be right if you book, looks like everyone on here so far is going solo. the last tour I did pretty much everyone got along well and most of us still talk. Pre sure you won’t regret it :)

• 2 Jul 2013 Jon said

Jon

Yeh it’s my 1st time travelling by myself as well but Im excited, Ive had really introverted friends do a contiki solo and came away from it just loving life with all these new people they met. I think doing a contiki is the best way to do it solo. Plus Vegas on the 1st night will be one hell of an ice breaker

• 2 Jul 2013 MissKristyJC said

MissKristyJC

Hey guys, kristy from perth Australia… Solo on the same tour! Ill be in LA from the 16th sep. and leave 30th October. Yay!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion