Community_discussions_small  

Question

Best Airline to fly with, SYDNEY-LONDON???

9 Apr 2013 PaigeK asked

PaigeK

I'm heading over to London in Early November 2013 and looking for reviews on airlines..
This will be my first long haul flight so I don't want to gain a negative experience because I travelled with some terrible airline :)
Happy for all good and bad reviews..

• 9 Apr 2013 rachaelnhunt said

rachaelnhunt

i’m flying with Qatar Airlines, and i have heard that they are really great. Emirates have a great reputation and apparently Qatar are as good as them. But if you go and see a travel agent they will be able to answer those questions and recommend good airlines.

• 9 Apr 2013 PaigeK said

PaigeK

I’ve spoken to a few travel agents and they all pretty much tell you the same thing so I was after more personal experience :) but thanks, I haven’t actually seen any flights with them lately..

• 9 Apr 2013 rachaelnhunt said

rachaelnhunt

well i haven’t flown with them yet, but i know a couple of people who have and they had a really good experience with them.

• 9 Apr 2013 Matt said

Matt

If the price is right, I’d say qantas is definitely the way to go!

• 9 Apr 2013 jaimi said

jaimi

I flew on my first long haul flight in March from Melbourne to London. I flew with Edited. They were great and i would fly with them again! Plenty of leg room, nice attendants, seats were comfy, food was good. Hope this helped :)

• 9 Apr 2013 PaigeK said

PaigeK

Do you mean Etihad? Haha

• 9 Apr 2013 jaimi said

jaimi

Haha yes, yes I do! Damn auto correct haha

• 9 Apr 2013 PaigeK said

PaigeK

:) I found some really reasonably priced Qantas flights so I think I might jump on them :)

• 10 Apr 2013 Franz said

Default_avatar

I would suggest Singapore Airlines.They are now the only 100% Through Carrier to London if you want a Singapore Stopover on the way home from your tour.There is the BA option but honestly what you save there doesn’t give you as many options on the returning home leg and service wise not as good.

• 10 Apr 2013 Lauren said

Default_avatar

I’m flying from Sydney to london with emirates. I haven’t flown with them but they’re said to be just as good if not better than qantas. I’ve flown with qantas a few times and they were all comfortable professional flights. They’re expensive but you’re paying for quality :)

• 10 Apr 2013 PaigeK said

PaigeK

Thanks all :) Qantas have actually got good deals on at the moment and it’s about $1900 return, which I figured isn’t too bad for Qantas :)
    When are you off Lauren?

• 10 Apr 2013 Damien said

Default_avatar

In July in flying with China Southern Airline, cheap and good record :)

• 10 Apr 2013 emilycs said

emilycs

Singapore Airlines is also good. I was told to either fly emirates or Singapore

• 11 Apr 2013 Franz said

Default_avatar

I am pleased to hear highly of Singapore Airlines.I flew them when I did my UK with Insight Tour in 2011 and can’t speak highly enough of them.It was my agent who told me to keep with them and not save 100 dollars by going Qantas or British Airways.I am pleased I listened to my consultant at Plaza Flight Center SA.

• 11 Apr 2013 Rhys Halliwell said

Rhys Halliwell

You missed some good qantas deals about a month ago. I got my return trip for $1700. We change from qantas to emirates at Dubai. I’ve heard really good things about emirates and qantas has been great ever time I have used them.

• 12 Apr 2013 Matt said

Matt

Can’t speak for the others but Qantas is definitely a better airline than Emirates, don’t know why people speak so highly of them. Haven’t travelled with them but Singapore does have a really good reputation as well :)

• 12 Apr 2013 Lauren said

Default_avatar

Qantas has a 20kg bag limit whereas Emirates has a 30kg bag limit. Although it doesnt matter on the way there because of contikis bag limit, after travelling for 2 months an extra 10kg will go a long way and will easily save in excess of $1000 not having to pay for extra luggage/posting home :)

• 14 Apr 2013 PaigeK said

PaigeK

Qantas is 30kg as well. I’ve decided to go with Qantas :) thanks for all your tips guys.

• 15 Apr 2013 Megan said

Default_avatar

I flew to London Heathrow in August 2011, and flew with Malaysia Airlines. Stopover at Kuala Lumpur on the way, and the same when we returned from London to Sydney in October.
    They were a really great airline to fly with, and this was my first long-haul flight. They provide blankets, pillows and plenty of food. Staff were nice and the planes were comfortable and clean. I would definitley fly with them again if I was going to the UK/Europe again.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion