Community_discussions_small  

Question

Traveling alone at 18

9 Apr 2013 hazelgrace asked

Default_avatar

Who here has travelled alone at 18? Where did you go and did you feel comfortable/included in your group?

I want to travel to Europe desperately and a lot of my friends aren't financially ready to go on the trips I want. There are so many and I want to know which trips have a lot of "younger" people traveling solo. I've never travelled by myself before and i'm nervous but excited at the same time.

I really want to go to Greece, Ireland and Scotland.

• 9 Apr 2013 Gareth said

Gareth

You will be fine! I travelled to England last year when I was 19 by my self and I had a blast. Doing my first Contiki tour in August this year though, can not wait :)

• 10 Apr 2013 Lauren said

Default_avatar

I’m 19 and going to Europe for two months by myself in August. I’ve never been travelling before so it’s definitely a daunting experience but if you read through forums and shit there are stacks of posts saying how pretty much everyone gets along despite age mainly because they’re all there to do the same thing…travel, see Europe, drink and meet new people. You’ll be fine.

• 10 Apr 2013 Lauren said

Default_avatar

:)

• 10 Apr 2013 Franz said

Default_avatar

Not me but I have my eldest cousin who turned 43 the other week(I visited her birth town of Launceston Tasmania a fortnight ago)who travelled on her own around Europe at the age of 18 in late 1988.

• 13 Apr 2013 Lauren said

Lauren

Hey I’m also 18 and will be travelling solo for my trip, im going on the European Contrasts 16th of august. What trip are you planning on doing?

• 17 Apr 2013 Jenn said

Jenn

You’ll be fine, just be a smart and let your excitment over-run your fear. You’ll have a blast….I taveled Europe alone at 16.

• 18 Apr 2013 meghangdunne1 said

meghangdunne1

I went traveling by myself when I was 18/19 for 6 months. I did the scandinvia/russian tour in july, contiki is great because there is alot of young people that travel solo on every tour. Defiantly do it or you will regret not going !

• 19 Apr 2013 Sarah said

Sarah

I went on the European Whirl in 2010 and about 1/3 of the people travelled solo, its amazing, do it :)

• 27 Apr 2013 hazelgrace said

Default_avatar

I want to go on either the ireland & scotland or ireland over st.patricks day in 2014 :D

• 27 May 2013 Riley said

Riley

I’m 18 as well and travelling alone for the first time! I can’t decide between the European contrast and European escapade!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion