Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Bavarian Beerhall

14 May 2008 Steve-o said

Steve-o
This may seem like a silly question, but at the Bavarian Beerhall in Munich, can you get any other drink?? Im not a beer drinker, but it looks like a lot of fun and i dont really want to miss out on it.
  • 14 May 2008 JocelynEuroExperienceSept1 said

JocelynEuroExperienceSept1

Beerhalls i have been to all had Schnapps aswell as beer.. the schnapps are yummy and are generally drunk as shots! i cant wait either!

• 14 May 2008 Miss Pink! said

Miss Pink!

I was wondering about that too, as i’m not much of a beer drinker either! Can’t wait to try the schnapps though! Yummy!!

• 14 May 2008 Steve-o said

Steve-o

Excellent, thankyou for the info. Will have to get drunk on Schnapps then instead. Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 14 May 2008 Nickerz said

Nickerz

im not a beer drinker at all so i opted for wine BUT it was awful haha so i ended up ordering a stein & LOVED it!! it doesnt taste like beer from Australia, its so much nicer i managed nearly a full stein haha Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 14 May 2008 PinaI said

PinaI
    quote:
    Originally posted by Steve-o:
    This may seem like a silly question, but at the Bavarian Beerhall in Munich, can you get any other drink?? Im not a beer drinker, but it looks like a lot of fun and i dont really want to miss out on it.

I agree with Nickerz – I don’t drink beer either but the beer in places like Germany, Prague and Ireland is unlike anything we have here. It’s unpasturised which really enhances the flavour and it’s so smooth, not bitter! Give it a go, you’ll probably love it!

• 14 May 2008 Stanga said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Nickerz:
    im not a beer drinker at all so i opted for wine BUT it was awful haha so i ended up ordering a stein & LOVED it!! it doesnt taste like beer from Australia, its so much nicer i managed nearly a full stein haha Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Hey Nickerz,
    It tastes different because Australian beer is THE WORST! I can’t stand it either! I didn’t evenlike beer until a few years ago (because all I’d had was Aussie beer) when i discovered English lagers and ales and European beers… I really can’t imagine ever trying to drink a VB again!
    Bring on the beerhall in JulySmiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 14 May 2008 Nickerz said

Nickerz

yes Aussie beer is terrible!! it was soooo good in Munich i cant believe i drank it!! i bought the Hofbrauhaus beer here to try if it was the same taste & it wasnt, again it was awful aussie beer! Cant wait to get back to the Hofbrahaus – one day!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 14 May 2008 Steve-o said

Steve-o

If this is the case, then im confused Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->….i really dont like beer, but if it as good as everyone says it is then i may just have to try it. All part of the experience i suppose.

• 16 May 2008 Keriberry85 said

Keriberry85

…I would have to say…if you are worried that you arent going to like the beer. SUCK IT UP SILLY!! UR IN GERMANY/wherever 1000’s of miles from the USA. when else ru going to have this expereince. I for one plan on going into this with a completely open mind and trying anythiing as long as it doesnt come from the underside of a bull or something and rhymes with CALLS or ENIS! lol.

My advice is keep an open mind. Maybe they serve samples and you will find some you like.

• 16 May 2008 Steve-o said

Steve-o

Im from England Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> so its closer for me to go back. But i am gonna do what you said, just try it (after looking for any samples) I usually am a person who does try anything, dont know why im bothered about it this time….will just have to get over it.

• 16 May 2008 Explorer1095654 said

Default_avatar

They have a lot of different types of beer, one is kinda fruity that a lot of non beer drinkers liked, also one was half lemonade and half beer, which sounds gross but people seemed to like it

• 17 May 2008 MikeEd said

Default_avatar

I’ve been in Germany now for about 7 weeks and I’m abouslty loving it,I don’t want to go home. As for the bier it makes the stuff we have in NZ just seem like water from a swamp.
    I never really preffered in back home but the stuff here is insane awsome. Completely different and real smooth tasting. Even if you don’t like bier give one ein go to adjust and I’m sure you’ll love it.
    You’ll also find that when they are drunk they are just really happy and chanting and stuff, never seen a agressive repsonse yet.
    It seem like most towns I got to have at least 4-5 of there own berwies that have been around for centuries.
    I’m Living in Nürnberg and they have quite a few of there own ones here but not so traditional. Bamberg (north of barveria) has this smoked bier which is really different. In Würzberg It was this honey tasting stuff. Köln (Colonge) has this Colongisce that I deffently had to many off.
    Müchen apparently has one of the better traditional biers and large number of biergartens(We need these in NZ Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->)

In Barvria the standard size glass is 500ml, at a bier festival (I went to Erlanger Bergkichweih on thursday night, second to Oktoberfest) there you get 1L jugs. They are about 20cm high with an internal diameter of about 8cm. If the bierhall is anything simliar you’ll have awsome time so make sure you do get involved. You also get little hange over from it.

• 17 May 2008 Steve-o said

Steve-o

The half beer, half lemonade drink is called Shandy, its quite popular in England, but mainly for those people who dont like the full taste of beer so weaken it down. Or people who might be driving might have a shandy to lessen the effects of the alcohol.

• 18 May 2008 Nickerz said

Nickerz

forget the lemonade, go for the straight beer! you will be suprised at the taste, trust me!!!! even if you only drink it once! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 28 Jun 2008 Steve-o said

Steve-o

Got another question about the beerhall, but this time is about the food. Im really looking forward to tryin the pork knuckle, but my friend isnt so keen. Is there a vegetarian option for that night or no??

• 28 Jun 2008 Jaclyn said

Default_avatar

Hey
    Ya i was just at the beerhall. there were 3 options when we went the pork knuckle, chicken cordon bleu and a veggie option. I think we hit a bad night tho cause our food wasnt very good. i’ve heard a lot of people say it was but none of us really enjoyed our meals that night. But we all did enjoy the beer. Almost everyone got the beer even normal non beer drinkers!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.