Community_discussions_small  

Question

MUST see things in england and scotland???

10 Apr 2013 az. asked

az.

hey me and a friend are thinking of hiring a car and travelling up to the Scottish highlands but would love to know other places that are a must see/visit/stay... our timeframe is fairly limited sept 9th-19th.
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and if anyone is around there at that time, should meet up!!! thanks

• 10 Apr 2013 SallySparrow said

Default_avatar

Hi dear, I am British. I want to congratulate you on your idea. Actually, I think the driving will be very tiring, maybe you can look into Megabus. The fares can be extremely cheap (even as low as £5 from city to city) if you book far in advance. Avoid the trains, they are very expensive.

As for places to see, I would try to spend a good amount of time in each place. Some nice places you could visit would be London (allow 4 full days), Brighton (lovely traditional seaside town), Birmingham (good for shopping, second city of England) and Edinburgh. There are no must see places in England or Scotland, it’s a matter of taste (although, you really should see London in my opinion :])

• 10 Apr 2013 SallySparrow said

Default_avatar

I forgot to mention that depending on your age, most car hire firms will only lend to 25+. The ones which lend younger than that tend to have underage surpluses.

• 11 Apr 2013 az. said

az.

thanks sally. ill definantly look into the megabus. as for tastes, during the day, do all the touristy stuff (+ places where tourists don’t quiet visit but none-the-less fascinating). night life we would like to visit some night clubs/ restaurants/ bars etc… Any places in London/Brighton/Birmingham/Edinburgh where we should stay and isn’t going to cost us a small fortune haha??

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.