Community_discussions_small  

Comment

London & Paris 8-day

14 May 2006 Leanne_in_Ontario said

Leanne_in_Ontario
My sister and I are interested in taking the London & Paris trip around June of 2007. I would like to hear from anyone who has taken this tour.

I'm concerned about free time to travel around the two cities to just explore and see sights, etc that we want to see. I know this tour has less stops, so is there ample free time to just experience the culture? London is our focus and we're thinking of going a day or two early to take in more of London... do you think this is necessary?

Also, I read that the bus will hold souvenirs in a separate compartment... how large of a bag would they accept?

If anyone has a blog or review on this vacation, please post your links as I would love to check them out!

Thanks! Smiler
  • 17 May 2005 Sens1976 said

Default_avatar

I took the London & Paris tour last year and it was great!  It’s only 8 days but you’ll have the time of your life! You get tons of free time to do what you want to do.  This tour for the most part is independent traveling, the only long period on the bus is during the ride to Paris. You get to visit sites such as Stonehenge, a musical and site seeing tours of London and Paris with the group but in general your off on your own (or with the friends you have made within the group) just seeing what you want to see.  In London, you get an all day tube pass which is great to travel all around the city.  In Paris you also have a free day to explore.  This tour has best of both worlds – you can site see on your own as well as party and sight see see with you group mates.  It is a good idea to take at least 1 early day in London if you want to see as much as you can.  The TM will point out all the tourist attractions and give you tube passes as well as maps, so you and your tour buddies can experience things for yourselves.  These getaway tours are usually smaller, so you don’t have to worry about finding a room for all your soveniers. You’ll have a blast!        

Cheer!            

• 18 May 2005 Leanne_in_Ontario said

Leanne_in_Ontario

Thanks for your feedback. The trip sounds exactly like what I am looking for. I can’t wait to go…thanks so much!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.