Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone doing LA to the Bay, starting August 25th ?

12 Apr 2013 Rudirudz7 asked

Rudirudz7

Hi, my name is Rudi, from South Africa :)

iv done a fair amount of travelling, but never done a Contiki..im doing it solo & would like to find people who are on the same tour as me, maybe get intouch & get some advice on activities ,party hot spots & to get a bit more familiar with Contiki tour!

Maybe if i get a few responses & a few people that are on this tour , we can start a Facbook group
& get to know each other better , like that we start partying from day 1 haha :)

Looking forward to this experience & to meeting new people :)
let the count down begin

• 4 Jul 2013 Kyla said

Kyla

Hey Rudi!!!! I’m Kyla from New Zealand and I’m booked to do the LA to the Bay solo too!!! Awesome to find someone who is doing it :) Where are you staying beforehand? I’ve booked a night at the hotel that we leave from. So excited!! Have you been in touch with anyone else that is on this tour? =]

• 8 Jul 2013 Rudirudz7 said

Rudirudz7

Hey, Kyla :)
    gees thank goodness there is someone out there doing it as well lol !!
    i also booked at that hotel…"the Doubletree by Hiton " which is the one we leave from :) iv got 2 nights there…looking very forward to it :)
    i have only found one other person & you …looks like we doing it 3 man haha !!

• 9 Jul 2013 Kyla said

Kyla

Haha yet the tour is apparently fully booked! I have found one other person too but she is on the Wild Western which is apparently joint with ours, and when we stop in san fran they carry on. Sweet will be good to know someone before tour kicks off! :) Im keen on this fb idea!! and partying from day one haha! Is this your first contiki?

• 9 Jul 2013 Rudirudz7 said

Rudirudz7

yeah i also saw thats its fully booked, what you doing after San Fran ? it looks like its only you & i that are keen to get to know everybody…..while you & i are partying they all gonna be talking talking talking haha :)
    thanks for setting up a FB group, im not too clued up when it comes to that :)
    party from HOUR 1, what you mean haha ..yeah it is my first & you ??

have you checked into your Contiki tour already? you must join the “meetups”

• 9 Jul 2013 Darren said

Darren

Hi, does this LA to bay join up with Wild Western, as I am going on the Wild Western on the 25 Aug?

Darren

• 9 Jul 2013 Kyla said

Kyla

Hey Darren!! I have been told that the Wild Western and LA to the Bay do the first leg together, and then when we stop in San Fran, you lot on the wild western carry on :)

Rudi – No worries re FB page! Hopefully people jump on that wagon! At end of contiki I am staying in San Fran for a bit then heading down to Hollywood and Santa Monica. What about yourself? Yup it is my first contiki :) and nope havent checked in yet as am waiting on my paperwork with my registration number etc!

• 10 Jul 2013 Rudirudz7 said

Rudirudz7

that sounds awesome !! im staying in LA for 5 nights before the tour starts, then 2 days in San Fran & after that im off to Hawaii !:) oh okay, well hopefully they sort out your documents asap ..6 weeks to go haha !! i saw 2 other ppl on the “meet-up” page for our tour but they very quiet lol !!

• 10 Jul 2013 Amanda said

Amanda

Kyla that’s great your heading back down to Hollywood/Santa Monica. I think I’m going to book into a hostel on Santa Monica beach for a few days after tour. I leave on Thurs 12th Sept. hoping there will be some people from our tour staying a few days after because I want to go to Disneyland and have beach days etc. Might be a it boring on my own ;) getting on rides by myself haha! anyway what dates are you planning on being back down the coast at Hollywood? Yeah thanks fo the fb page! Hopefully more people see it!!

• 10 Jul 2013 Darren said

Darren

Thank Kyla, that’s really helps. I am all booked up, flying out the 24 August and staying at Hilton. Looking forward to meeting you all.

• 11 Jul 2013 Laura_McP said

Laura_McP

Hey me and my two friends are also doing the LA to the bay tour on 25th August, staying in LA 2days before the tour begins and staying in San Fran 2days after the tour, then flying to New York! :) Where can we find the Facebook group to meet everyone? Ps get me there now!! So excited! :):)

• 11 Jul 2013 Kyla said

Kyla

Hey Laura!! Awesome that you’re dointg contiki with you friends!! The facebook group is at https://www.facebook.com/latothebayaugust?fref=ts (if that link doesnt work just search LA to the Bay August 25th ’13).. feel free to let your friends and others know about it! I know – soooo excited!

Amanda – I fly back to NZ on 13th September so will be down santa monica/hollywood ways from about the 8th I think! Kinda playing it by ear…My sister is flying down from canada to do disneyland etc with me, im sure we can meet up if youre down that way too! Bring on beaching and shopping!! =D

• 12 Jul 2013 Amanda said

Amanda

ah sweet, you’ll be back about the same time as the wild western people and leave around the same time as me. Awesome that you’re meeting up and spending time with your sister. Yeah no worries I’m sure there will be others on the wild western in the same boat as me. I’ll just wait til I get there – although I obviously am just too excited thinking about it all now! See ya all soon! :)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.