Community_discussions_small  

Question

Thai Island hopper, East or West???

12 Apr 2013 Jarret asked

Jarret

hey guys, I'm trying to decide which island hopper to take. East or West? I'm less into hiking/scenery and more into beach/partying/nightlife. Which one is better for that stuff?
thanks!

• 13 Apr 2013 Alana said

Alana

East includes the full moon parties.

• 19 Apr 2013 Jarret said

Jarret

anyone else have any opinions? has anyone been on both?

• 22 Apr 2013 fineshot2000 said

fineshot2000

Did Thai-East 2 years ago. Plenty of places to do the beach “thing”, drink, and party. On Koh Samui, you’ll probably be taken to or shown Bar Solo nightclub, Ice Bar, etc. Koh Tao is mostly about relaxation, but there are places like the Lotus Beach bar with fire dancers which was a great place to drink on the beach and eat. Koh Phangan has the Moon Party at the Backpacker’s resort, which was loads of fun. Trust me, you will love it. I’m sure the West is probably similar, and I plan to return to Thailand next year March 1-9 to complete the double……good luck deciding…

• 8 May 2013 Ashley said

Ashley

Just got back from the Island hopper west….AMAZING!!!! Koh Phi Phi is stunning! ( location where the movie the beach was filmed) Plus the beach parties with all the fire shows are spectacular!!! The tour manager Patrice is fab! Patong beach in Phuket (where the tour starts) is CRAZY!!! Talk about serious parties! Bangla Road is a must! Has spring break beat anywhere! Great optional activities on this trip…elephant riding in Krabi is a absolute must do! As is James Bond Island! Hope this helps! Plus the bungalows you stay at in Phi Phi are super awesome…ocean view with a big open balcony. Awesome bungalows! with a cheap mini bar!!!!! This was a wonderful adventure!

• 10 May 2013 Christilynn said

Christilynn

I am also trying to decide between East vs. West. I think that based on all the optional activities I am going to do the West. Thanks Ashley for your input. I can’t wait!!!
    Did you have solo travelers on your tour?

• 20 May 2013 Lauren said

Lauren

I am also trying to decide between the two! I’d prefer the same as you Jarret, however I want to go end of June/start of July so it really jsut depends which one is available then, as they sound somewhat similar!

• 26 May 2013 Tristane said

Tristane

I did West in February. Phi Phi was the best by far! I changed my flight and went back to Phi Phi after the tour ended, it was that great :) The entire tour was amazing. Phuket and Phi Phi are HUGE party spots if that’s what you are looking for!

There were lots of solo travelers too! We all became a big family. Patrice was our tour manager, she was great!

• 26 May 2013 Laurs13 said

Laurs13

Anyone thinking of going east tour August 6th? x

• 27 May 2013 Alana said

Alana

I’m doing East on August 3rd :)

• 27 May 2013 Laurs13 said

Laurs13

Has anyone travelled on their own on any of these tours? Will be my first time doing anything like this so pretty nervous x

• 30 May 2013 benji said

Default_avatar

Is anybody doing the hopper east on the july 13??

• 31 May 2013 2b said

Default_avatar

go east and book your trip around the full moon party .you ll have the time of your life

• 2 Jun 2013 Kirk said

Kirk

I did west on my own last November

• 6 Jun 2013 Ange Ploenges said

Ange Ploenges

HI Everyone Im going on East Hopper from July 10th to 18th anyone else on that one?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion