Community_discussions_small  

Question

Tips for flying from Australia to London

14 Apr 2013 Rachel asked

Rachel

I have a long flight ahead of me as i make my way from Adelaide to London. I was wondering if anyone has any handy tips to make the flight comfortable & less tedious. Also insights onto what I should pack in my carry on luggage. I am flying with Emirates AIirline at the end of May & leave Adelaide at 10pm. I fly into Dubai, then onto London from there. To the ladies out there, what should I wear on the plane? I want something comfortable, but not too daggy!

Thanks!

• 14 Apr 2013 Casey said

Casey

Music, Iphone, Ipod or whatever. its a must

• 15 Apr 2013 Jess said

Jess

Download the Trip Advisor City Guides App. Heaps of helpful tips and information on lots of cities to have a read through on the plane because it doesn’t need wifi :)

• 16 Apr 2013 Amilia said

Amilia

Depends on who you’re flying with. A lot of flights will have inflight entertainment so you will get to watch a lot of the movies that are in cinemas now. take a travel pillow for sure. A book or some mags are always good. I’m a big kid so last time i went to london i took coloring in stuff. :P Hey it kept me occupied. Stay hydrated!!! I had a glass or two of wine before i left and will never ever ever drink before getting on a plane again! lol lesson learnt the hard way they say. :D I also took some toiletries on the flight so i could freshen up if i felt the need to as it is a long flight. Hope this info was helpful. Have a great trip and stay safe. :D

• 16 Apr 2013 Rachel said

Rachel

Amilia, what happened with the couple glasses of wine? Haha. What kind of toiletries did you take? I am thinking face wipes, deodorant, fresh undies maybe. Anything else that you used?
    Love the colouring in book idea, I am so going to use that. Thanks for your reply!

• 16 Apr 2013 Amilia said

Amilia

I took all of those things you mentioned plus my hair straightener. After the few glasses of wine by the time I got in the air I felt so dehydrated and it felt like forever till the seatbelt sign turned off so I could request a drink. Lol go for it coloring in is so much fun and gives your eyes a rest from reading and watch tv. Have fun :)

• 16 Apr 2013 Bec said

Bec

Thanks for the tips, I’m also heading to London at the end of May (first long flight so am shitting myself a little lol) so excited though. What foot wear would you recommend wearing? Something that easily slips off with socks etc?

• 16 Apr 2013 Rachel said

Rachel

Hey liv,
    When i flew to bali i wore thongs but took a thick pair of socks. My feet would of been freezing otherwise. I also took a pair of canvas shoes in my carry on :) hope this helps

• 3 Jul 2014 Georgie said

Georgie

Hey Rachel,
    i’ve done this flight a few times but from perth, my must is pressure stockings, you can get them from most travel places, but they stop your ankles from swelling up :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.