Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Books

31 Mar 2008 Leanne31 said

Default_avatar
Hi, I'm off to Europe in June and was thinking about buying the 'Europe on a Shoestring' Lonely Planet book

... has anyone bought this? is it worth buying?
  • 31 Mar 2008 Mattchew said

Mattchew

I Have the 2007 Version,

And well Im kinda lucky Because my sister Bought it Just before i was going too.

its Quite Expencive ($40) But it has HEAPS of info in it.

Where to Stay.

How much money to allow per day in Each country.

Places to Vist.

Pubs.

Clubs.

Transport.

I’ve read through the Countrys that i want to visit in it. But I think it will be more helpful to me when im…. Lets say, About to go into That Country.

It really depends on How much travelling youre going to do i guess, and if your going to travel on your own terms. Like Go your own way, no tour buses kinda thing.

So if your going to do your own Travels I’d get it.

I just hope My sister lends it to me when she is over her 6 week Holiday in EU!

• 31 Mar 2008 Girlface said

Default_avatar

Im planning on buying Mona Winks which describes the best museums in Europe and some of the art work in them. That way I dont have to pay for a personal guide, I know the quick route to the things I want to see, and I actually know a bit about them when I do see it

• 1 Apr 2008 cdm115 said

cdm115

It’s supposed to be a very good book and will have a little on everywhere you go, which is perfect for a Contiki tour.

• 2 Apr 2008 MJ said

Default_avatar

Another good travel book is by Rick Steves. For multi country there is Europe through the Back door and Europe 101 then he has more specific by country or large city like Rome. His shows and books are exellent.

• 2 Apr 2008 tried&true said

Default_avatar

i’ve looked around & there are alot of books by Rick Steve’s which one is the best for westen europe? Something that includes a bit of history as well as places to eat, maps, etc..

• 2 Apr 2008 tried&true said

Default_avatar

Eeker<!--graemlin::eek:--> wow it looks like i was getting my question answered as i was writing it.

• 2 Apr 2008 MJ said

Default_avatar

lol leppardz. As I tell the girls at work

I have espn not esp. LOL though sometimes it seems that I do have esp LOL…. Hope that helps you out. The Back door book is the best.

• 6 Apr 2008 brittany- 1986 said

Default_avatar

hey guys just thought id share this with u i was looking on ebay today and found a huge range of travel books on there have a look there b4 u buy as i picked up the 2007 edition on europe on a shoe string for $14 and its retaled at almost $50 so check that out b4 going to book shops let me know how u go xx

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion