Community_discussions_small  

Question

California Highlights (Winter) Dep Vegas 24th Dec

15 Apr 2013 Megan asked

Default_avatar

Hi All,

Im doing my first Contiki tour at the end of this year. California Highlights (Winter) departing Vegas on 24th December.

Anyone else doing this tour?

Thanks!

• 22 Oct 2013 caitlyn said

Default_avatar

Hey Megan I am doing this tour! are you travelling solo?

• 23 Oct 2013 Megan said

Default_avatar

Hey Caitlyn, yep I’m travelling solo from Sydney. What about you?!

• 24 Oct 2013 caitlyn said

Default_avatar

Hey I am travelling alone as well I’m from Melbourne. Are you staying in LA for new years or are you off on another tour after?

• 24 Oct 2013 Megan said

Default_avatar

I’m staying in Anahiem after contiki. I’ve got Disney and universal tickets organised. Just 3 days though. And I’m staying in Vegas for 3 days before our tour starts as well with some day tours booked. You?

Default_avatar

Not sure about after the tour, might book a backpackers or something I fly home late on the 1st (but wasn’t sure what I will do for New Years). Before the tour I am in Vegas for 6 days, what tours have you got planned I was hoping to get out to see Grand Canyon.

• 24 Oct 2013 Megan said

Default_avatar

Oh nice! I get to Vegas on the 21st Dec and I’m doing a Grand Canyon day tour the next day. Includes Hoover Dam, and a Helicopter flight to the canyon floor, pontoon boat down the river a little bit, helicopter back to the top, and the skywalk. Plus Im doing Red Rock Canyon as a half day horseriding/cowboy tour the day after. The rest is free time until Contiki starts.

Default_avatar

Aw that’s cool! Where abouts are you staying while your in Vegas? I am still looking for a Grand Canyon Tour, what company is yours with? it sounds good :)

• 24 Oct 2013 Megan said

Default_avatar

My travel agent booked it for me. Through qantas holidays. I’m not sure what operator it’s run by, sorry! I’m staying at Harrahs until contiki starts because that’s the hotel they stay in. I figured it’s be easier to be in the right place to save hauling my luggage around again. What about you?

Default_avatar

Aww ok that’s alright ill keep looking. Im staying at Harrah’s on the 22nd and 23rd, and just looking for a backpackers for my nights before that :)

• 24 Oct 2013 Megan said

Default_avatar

Oh kool, that sounds good! I remember my travel agent mentioning a company called Papillon, but im not sure if thats who it was booked with in the end or just one we looked at. Might be worth checking out though :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion