Community_discussions_small  

Question

Eastern Escapade Aug 30th 2013

16 Apr 2013 Jess asked

Jess

Hey everyone, just wondering is there anyone out there doing this tour? i'll be booking on the weekend! So exciting!!

• 17 Apr 2013 Bella1983 said

Bella1983

Hi, yes I will be :-) looking forward to it :-) I might do the NY uncovered before it as well.

• 17 Apr 2013 Jess said

Jess

I’m just looking at that tour now! Looks great. I think i’m in for that too!!

Bella1983

Ok cool. They are both guaranteed departure and the ny uncovered starts on the 27th to the 30th aug, so from there you can just meet up with the next tour group.

• 17 Apr 2013 Jess said

Jess

Yeah it works out perfectly! I’d probably get into NY on the 26th. I’ll be in Boston before hand. Then after the tour go to LA for a few days

Bella1983

Going to Mexico on the 13th of sept and doing the Mexican fiesta tour . Also booked the western highlights tour ( la to vegas ) but that’s not guaranteed departure yet ?
    How long are u travelling for ?

• 17 Apr 2013 Jess said

Jess

Just under a month! Thats all the time off work i could get! Are you travelling solo? Where are you from?

Bella1983

Yes travelling solo. Are u? Decided to take 2 mths off work, which means I won’t be travelling for a while after this trip.
    From melbourne , u?

• 17 Apr 2013 Jess said

Jess

2 months! wow that will be an awesome trip. I’m travelling solo too and I’m from Melb! :)

Bella1983

I will be in Washington, D.C. To visit my cousin before hand. Wanted to go to Miami but don’t have time .
    Let me know if you book the NY uncovered :-)

• 18 Apr 2013 amylou said

Default_avatar

Hey :)

I am thinking about booking this tour. I can’t decide between this and the North by North East.

I am also from Melbourne :)

• 18 Apr 2013 Bella1983 said

Bella1983

Hello… Ok cool :-) if U pick this one , let us know :-)

• 21 May 2013 Meagan said

Default_avatar

Hi Girls, my name is meagan and I’m on this tour also. Looking forward to it…very exited. I will also be a solo traveller. This will be my second tour. I’m doing the wild western before hand. I’m from Perth. I will probably get to NY about the 26th. Spend a couple of days looking around. Can’t wait for this holiday!!!!

• 26 May 2013 Jess said

Jess

Hey Meagan! Lovely to meet you!! I’ll be in NY on the 29th, we should all catch up! Not long now :)

• 26 May 2013 Bella1983 said

Bella1983

I am doing a 4 day ny discovery tour with contiki on the 26th, so I will be meeting you all on the 30th !! :-) I arrive in ny on the 24th.
    Looking forward to it :-)

• 26 May 2013 Meagan said

Default_avatar

Jess, are you staying at the contiki hotel the night before the contiki starts? I haven’t booked any accommodation in NY yet.
    Definitely keen to catch up before the tour. Maybe we could all catch up for dinner the night before the tour starts.
    Can’t wait!! :)
    Bella, the 4 day tour in NY sounds like the best way to see NY. If I had the time, I would be doing the same :)

• 27 May 2013 Bella1983 said

Bella1983

I will be staying at the same hotel as contiki, its in the upper east side (courtyard marriott manhattan)
    It would be great to meet you all before this tour, but looks like I will be out for the whole day…depends what time i get back on the 29th, maybe i can meet you all at the hotel when you guys get back, or else i will see you all in the morning of the 30th
    what are you guys doing after this trip?

• 27 May 2013 Meagan said

Default_avatar

Accommodation is definitely something I need to sort out.
    Not sure what my plans are after the tour. Haven’t locked in my return flight yet. I was thinking about staying in NY for another day or two, so I can get more site seeing in. What are your plans for after the tour?

• 27 May 2013 Bella1983 said

Bella1983

I have booked the Mexican fiesta departing 14th sept , but that’s not guaranteed departure yet .
    Also booked the western highlights departing 25th of sept .
    How long are u traveling for ?
    At this stage I am staying at the same hotel in NY on the 11th and 12th of sept

• 27 May 2013 Jess said

Jess

Yeah i’ll be staying at the contiki hotel the night before! You should stay there too.. then you dont have to worry about travelling to far the morning the tour starts.
    After the tour i’ll be flying out to LA to see a friend for a few days and then i’ll be heading back to Melb!

• 31 May 2013 Meagan said

Default_avatar

Bella – I’m travelling for 5 weeks – thats all i could get off a work. Wish I had longer :)
    On the 11th & 12th Sept I have held a reservation a Chelsea International Hostel which my travel agent recommended. Its only 20 min walk from times square. AND its cheaper than most places I have looked at.

Jess – Yeah, i’m now staying at the contiki hotel on the 29th, it will def make life easier. I’m not sure what you have planned on the 29th, but we could always meet up and check out some sites together :)

Only like three months to go…yay!!!!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.