Community_discussions_small  

Question

Eastern Escapade Aug 30th 2013

16 Apr 2013 Jess asked

Jess

Hey everyone, just wondering is there anyone out there doing this tour? i'll be booking on the weekend! So exciting!!

• 1 Jun 2013 Bella1983 said

Bella1983

I should of considered staying at a hostel to save some $$$
    Are you guys going to LA or Vegas ? Do u recommend anywhere to stay ? I need to book some accom there as well

It’s getting closer :-) sooo excited :-)

• 1 Jun 2013 Meagan said

Default_avatar

Im staying in LA. I have held booking at a place called stay on main, which is just down the street from the doubletree. Though I’m thinking of finding something else coz don’t really want to stay in downtown LA. I have heard that the banana bungalow in Hollywood is trendy and full of young people. I’ve looked at their website, looks pretty good. I might change my booking there. I’m finding it hard to know what area to stay in, especially when I’m on my own.

• 1 Jun 2013 Bella1983 said

Bella1983

I will ask my travel agent where he recommends and will let you know , his been to the US .
    I think from memory he said west Hollywood is better than staying in Hollywood

• 8 Jul 2013 Jess said

Jess

Not long now ladies! Who’s getting excited?!

• 8 Jul 2013 Bella1983 said

Bella1983

Hey girls , how’s it going ?
    I am:-) just got myself a new suitcase and think I might start packing soon lol

If you need accommodation in LA , I was recommended to stay at the Days Inn Hollywood hotel , it’s on sunset blvd and close to everything

• 11 Jul 2013 Pablito said

Pablito

Hi girls :) MY name is Pablo from Germany. Already booked this tour. Will be in NY Aug 28th and I’m staying in the Contiki hotel. I’m travelling alone, so would be nice to meet up before. So excited. This will be my 3rd tour with Contiki, been to California and Vegas two times. Was such a great time…

• 18 Jul 2013 Han said

Han

Hey! I’m also doing this tour. First time solo travelling and first time to America so I’m a little nervous!!

• 26 Jul 2013 Jess said

Jess

Hey Pablito and Han, not long now. :)

Han im travelling solo and its my first time to America as well. What day to you arrive in NY?

• 26 Jul 2013 Han said

Han

I get to NY on 27th aug, I’m staying in the Pod hotel. What about you?
    Not long now!!

• 1 Aug 2013 Pablito said

Pablito

Hey Jess, yes I’m counting the days! :) Hey Han. I would say we meet up before the trip starts. I think we can discover the big apple better when we are in a group….and I think no one likes to have dinner alone^^ So probably it’s better if we connect on facebook, I think this forum will not be the best way for communication…

You will find me on fb under : pablo.sawicki.9@facebook.com

Cya soon :)

• 2 Aug 2013 Meagan said

Default_avatar

Hi Guys,
    I get to NY on the morning of the 28th. I am staying in Chelsea on the 28th and then the conitki hotel on the 29th. I’m keen to catch up for dinner or something leading up to the tour, if people are keen. If people want to do some hop on hop off tours (or any site seeing) on the 28th and 29th, I’m also keen.

I actually cant wait.

Meagan :)

• 4 Aug 2013 Jess said

Jess

@Han i’ll be arriving into NYC late on the 28th Aug and then i have the 29th to do all the touristy stuff.

I have purchased a ticket to go to the World Trade Center Memorial and Central Park Zoo. So I’m planning to go to the World Trade Center at around 10am and then going to make my way back Time Square, Rockerfeller Center and then end up at Central Park Zoo. You guys are welcome to join! I’m only in NY for the day so i want to try and fit in as much as possible.

I got my contiki pack last week and read that we have to meet up at 7pm the night before the tour. What if we catch up before that for dinner or go out for dinner after?

• 13 Aug 2013 Meagan said

Default_avatar

Hey Jess, I’m keen to head to Central Park zoo. Keep me updated when you plan to go. :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.