Community_discussions_small  

Question

Extend your day - before and after?

2 Nov 2008 danbiscuit asked

danbiscuit
Hey All,

I will be doing a Wild Western tour in Feb next year. After my Contiki I will be going elsewhere in the states to meet friends, but can't do that until a specific date as they won't be around.

For this reason I was going to stay a few extra nights in LA and check out Disneyland etc. Up to here is all good...

The question I have is that it says you are allowed up to 3 consecutive nights, which seems all OK for what I want to do.

Buttt... If the tour starts early in the morning then it would be handy to stay the night before at the Contiki hotel too, that way I don't have to venture too far in a foreign city to meet up.

Is anyone able to advise if this is possible? The Contiki hotline is closed and it can't wait till Monday. :P Cheers!
  • 2 Nov 2008 Pervy said

Pervy

Yeah you can book a night before the tour starts no worries. I’ve done that for both tours i’ve done in the States. I’ve also done the same thing for my next 2 tours. If you are booking with a travel agent they can help with this.

• 2 Nov 2008 Kimmibub said

Kimmibub

I can’t see it being a problem at all. I would probably say that there would be a few people that would have the same idea. I have just had confirmation that the night or two before/after my tours are all ok.

• 2 Nov 2008 PinaI said

PinaI

I think I get what you’re saying in that you’re actually wanting to stay three nights (for yourself) and then an extra night, which is the night before your tour, right?

If that’s the case then yes, you can still do that but the fourth night will probably be charged at the standard hotel rate and not at the Contiki rate.

Your travel agent (or the Contiki people) are the only ones that can clarify that for sure though.

• 3 Nov 2008 danbiscuit said

danbiscuit

Yep spot on PinaI, I rang them and they sorted it out for me (at the same discount rate).. what champions! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 3 Nov 2008 Explorer1109676 said

Default_avatar

Hey, or just what I did & that is book the hotel through the best western site & it was cheaper then going through the travel agent & you can spend as many nights there as you like. !! However, i did book all mine when the exchange rate was more in the vicinity of 90c as opposed to the current 66c.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion