Community_discussions_small  

Comment

single rooms

19 Nov 2008 Suzanne said

Default_avatar
hi everyone,

im going to book to do the eastern discovery next summer. i will probably be going by myself. i was wondering if other people had been on tours and paid the single room supplement and did they feel this was ok, do u get left out of stuff or anything like that? im just a light sleeper and would hate to get put with someone who snores loudly but dont want to miss out. are the rooms next to everyone elses or are they out of the way?
this will be my first time travelling and as i said i will probably be alone. im a bit nervous about being by myself in a different county etc. i know a lot of people go as a single person and have read all the msg boards regarding this but just want some reasurance its ok to go alone!
thanks x
  • 19 Nov 2008 said

Default_avatar

Gooday!! I went as a single over the summer, but did the shared rooming, it wasn’t bad.
    Im a heavy sleeper, ill admit that, ive slept through both earthquakes and avalanche guns, and slept through my roomates snoring.
    To be totally honest though, overall by the time we all got back to the hotel at night, id be out within a few minutes anyway, you get REALLY tired walking around all day, and then going out that night and partying.
    As far as the no room mate part goes, we had one Guy who had a room to himself, it was actually a fluke, he paid for a double but was an odd man out I guess so didnt get a roomate, He was involved with everything just as much as I or anyone else was, for the most part his room was close by, a few times he was on a different floor.
    Overall if your staying by yourself you need to be a bit more independent with things, but other than that I cant see it really detracting from the trip, but id say staying with a roomate might add to the trip in some ways as well.

• 20 Nov 2008 Princessvixen said

Default_avatar

I have never paid for a single suppliment. I don’t think it is worth paying the extra to be honest.Travelling is all about new experiences and trying new things and I don’t think you can do that alone.Having said that if you have troubles with a roomie your TM will happily put you with someone else.I have never had a problem with room mates and i’ve been on 5 contiki tours. Step outside the square & take a risk!

• 2 May 2013 kylie87 said

Default_avatar

All right, so i have done 5 contikis in the USA.

I shared a room with someone every time and that was fine until the last time i was roomed with a girl that Snored.when i say snored, it was like a chainsaw every night i ended up paying for a single room at every hotel from the half way point on a 25 day tour because i got no sleep. I am a light sleeper and the snoring kept me up all night almost every night, i was sleep deprived.
    This time on my 6the contiki ill be going in a single room as i dont want to risk getting another snorer.

I am so excited for the European inspiration (Winter Nov 18/2013 :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion