Community_discussions_small  

Comment

dec 30 - january 7 London to Paris + 2

20 Sep 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488
Hey i am going on the dec 30 - jan 7 just wondering who else is going on this tour.
  • 25 Sep 2008 Explorer1113341 said

Default_avatar

Hey April488!! Im going on this tour too! Where r u flying from?

• 26 Sep 2008 Denean said

Default_avatar

hey
    i am going on this tour as well.. but i am going solo… very very excited!!!!
    cant wait to meet everyone…!! im 19 from brisbane australia…

• 27 Sep 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

Hey i am flying in from brisbane i am 20 and going with a girl from work i am soo excited to go. What part of australia are you from. YAY can’t wait to meet you all

• 28 Sep 2008 Denean said

Default_avatar

is any one planning on going to disneyland on one of th extra days in paris..???

• 28 Sep 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

hey i had thought of that maybe it depends on how much else we get done of the other stuff we want to do

• 30 Sep 2008 Heather said

Heather

Euro Disney actually has 2 parks…anyone want to spend a day at each?

And I heard that things will be closed New Years day so does anyone know if that will affect any of the included highlights in London??

• 30 Sep 2008 Explorer1113341 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys!! Im going solo on this trip too!! Im 23 and im from texas! Anybody else from the US?

• 2 Oct 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

Oh i didn’t even think about that – everything closing – i hope not because we don’t get to be there very long. Does anyone know if anything special is done for new years eve? if not i think we should organise something as a group.

• 2 Oct 2008 Denean said

Default_avatar

i didnt no euro disney had two parks…. but im keen… =D

and i have no idea what is happening for new years.. but i hope something is planned!!!

ill be in london a couple of days before the tour starts just so i could see a liitle more of london… is anyone else heading there eariler?

• 2 Oct 2008 Heather said

Heather

Just booked so I’m officially on the tour!! I’m 24 and from the US too, from California. I will be leaving the states on Dec. 28, arriving the next day. I wanted an extra day to get situated in the new time zone and get ready for the tour. After Paris I’m heading back to London do the Winter Wanderer tour.

The second Disney park is a bit like MGM studios that we have here in Disneyworld- it’s more of a backlot, behind the scenes thing (that is what I gathered from looking at the Euro Disney website). I figured since I’ll be there, might as well see it too.

• 2 Oct 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

i will be there on the 27th we wanted a little more time to explore and do our own thing. I am also going on and doing another tour afterwards – the medditerainain (???) highlights tour, is anyone else doing any other tours afterwards? i would like to do the euro disney world thing but maybe only for one day maybe not do that other one that you guys are talking about.

• 3 Oct 2008 Beck said

Default_avatar

HI! I am booked on the tour as well, doing the extra 2 days in Rome. Have boooked with a friend. We are coming from Wollongong Australia :-) Leaving the 28th Dec.
    Disney sounds fun! We wanted to go there!!

• 3 Oct 2008 Heather said

Heather

How long does it take to get to London from Australia?? For me, leaving from the west coast of the US it will take about 13 hours. But then you add the time change and I arrive the next day.

• 3 Oct 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

i am from brisbane and am spending 22hrs on the plane (Not including time taken in singapore airport waiting for my transfer. I leave on the 26th (boxing day) and arrive on the 27th but on the way home i loose a day. i am so excited is everyone who is getting their early staying at the royal national or somewhere else cause we are staying there and maybe we could meet up early or something?

• 3 Oct 2008 Heather said

Heather

I will need a hotel since I’m going a day early so I will probably stay at the royal national. The tour includes a night at that hotel anyway, right, the night of the 30th?

Anyone heading back to London after the tour ends? I am and thinking about taking the Eurostar train.

• 3 Oct 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

not sure if the 30th is included through contiki we booked the extra nights and they just added it onto the total of our bill – it just keeps going up – we also booked extra nights at the beginning and end of our other tour. We are catching the eurostar i think but we are going in a different direction we are heading on down to Madrid to start our next tour – Mediterranean highlights

• 4 Oct 2008 Heather said

Heather

I will have to call and ask. I will need extra nights anyway so what’s a few more, right… just add it on to the bill. I hope the train station isn’t too far from where the tour ends. Glad I’m not the only one doing another tour after. Yours sounds fun! Our tours go to some of the same places so maybe I’ll see you.

What kind of clothes are people bringing to go out in?? I know it will be chilly but I have seen pics of people in sleeveless tops. Not sure if I should bring skirts with tights, pants, or if you can dress up a pair of jeans with a nice top and boots.

• 4 Oct 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

i am bringing jeans and thermals – so i can still dress it up or down – t5he average in winter in London and paris is 1 – 7 degrees Celsius, and the Mediterranean is only like 7-11 degrees Celsius and add in the wind chill factor it is going to be COLD i don’t think that there are many pictures of people in winter i was having the same problem but looking around at websites and pamphlets i found out the temperature. I am really excited what is the second tour you are going on?? I read somewhere that some of the tours give rides back to London you should check that out. The only thing with jeans is that i am not sure if the clubs in europe allow people in in jeans.

• 4 Oct 2008 Heather said

Heather

Ya that’s pretty chilly!! I made a packing list of clothes and feel like I’m bringing way too many shirts but I don’t want to run out if we can’t do laundry very often. I have long sleeves for when we are out but t-shirts for days on the bus. I think as long as you have a nice top and shoes, you can wear jeans eveywhere. I am bringing a few nice things besides jeans for nice dinners though. I’m doing the 26 day winter wanderer after (that one will give me a ride back to London).

• 5 Oct 2008 Beck said

Default_avatar

I am bringing mainly jeans and stuff! Can dress them up or down depending on what we are doing. We are staying at the Royal National the night before the tour as well, so we may all be able to meet before it starts :-)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion