Community_discussions_small  

Comment

dec 30 - january 7 London to Paris + 2

20 Sep 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488
Hey i am going on the dec 30 - jan 7 just wondering who else is going on this tour.
  • 5 Oct 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

I am bringing 6 thermal tops which i can wear under shirts (also gives me a few more options clothing wise)i am also worried about running out of clothes but also if it is that cold depending on how “Clean” you are you could possibly wear them twice. the winter wanderer looks awsome i wish i had that amount of spare time and money.

Any body who is coming in early let us know so we can make plans to meet up so we can get to know eachother before hand

• 5 Oct 2008 Heather said

Heather

I will have time to do 2 tours because I think I’m going to quit my job before I go (I might be moving after I come back so I would be quitting my job anyway).

I’m definitely going to layer up. I need to get more thermal pants to wear under my jeans and some thick wool socks since my toes get cold. This might be a dumb question but for those who are bringing dressy shoes, are you bringing open-toed/peeptoe or closed-toe shoes??

• 5 Oct 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

i know this sounds insane but i am bringing open toed heals because i don’t have many pairs of closed toes shoes.

Man i wish i could quit my job that would be nice.

Who else is doing extensions?? and what are they? i am taking the extra 2 days in paris to help fill in time between my two tours.

• 6 Oct 2008 Denean said

Default_avatar

i am flying from brisbane on boxing day as well…. perhaps we might be on the same flight..???
    dont remember what the name of the hotal im staying in the first few night b4 the tour but its the same one as we are staying in at london…hahaha

i wanted to get a few extra days in…

only doing this tour and i return back to brisbane on the 11 of jan

cant wait!!!!!

• 6 Oct 2008 Heather said

Heather

Denean, are you spending your extra few days after the tour in Paris or heading back to London? I’m going back to London since it seems like we don’t have that much time there compared to Paris (plus I will see Paris again on the next tour I’m taking).

• 7 Oct 2008 Denean said

Default_avatar

i am going back to london but staying in paris just one extra day. after the tour ends. i booked a flight back to london from paris.. turned out to be cheaper than getting the train and than a taxi to the hotal. as the airport has free shuttle bues to the hotal.

havent really planned out what im wearing or anything yet but bought one of those talking travel mate things that kinda convert english to french… just in case somethings goes wrong hahaha

i am arriving in london at 3pm on the 27th of december and staying at the imperial hotal in london the first couple of nights b4 the tour starts.. my travel agent said thats where we were staying in london.. well i hope that where we are staying otherewise ill be going back to my agent and changing it!!!! haha

• 7 Oct 2008 Heather said

Heather

For me it is cheaper to take the train, plus I don’t really like flying so that’s fine with me. I have never flown overseas before so lately I have developed a bit of a fear of flying over the ocean lol.

I am arriving in London on dec. 29 around 10 or 11 in the morning. I am also staying at the Imperial the night on my own and the night before the tour starts they have me at the Imperial as well. I don’t think you will have to change anything! Plus if you do I think they charge you a fee.

• 7 Oct 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

i am flying in at about 5:30am on the Saturday the 27th i am flying with QANTAS by the time i went to book the flights (this trip is a bit last minute) the cheaper flights cost the same as the more expensive airlines but taking half the time as the cheaper flights. I thought we were staying at the royal national good thing i checked the itinerary we are staying at the imperial. Thanks

• 8 Oct 2008 Heather said

Heather

Since the tour departs from the RN I guess we just have to get up a little bit earlier to get over there in time.

Since we are on our own the 2 extra days in Paris, I was thinking about doing Disney on one or both of those days (If I do both parks).

• 8 Oct 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

yeah me to i don’t know if i want to do both parks but i was deff thinking about doing the theme park it looks like fun maybe we should organise it as a group thing

• 8 Oct 2008 Heather said

Heather

I defintely agree, we should get a group together. If nobody else wants to spend a whole second day there, they have park-hopper tickets that allow you to go to both parks. There are a couple really cool rides at the other park that I think everyone would like (the Tower of Terror and Rockin Rollercoaster rides). I hear Disney is a ways outside of Paris though.

• 9 Oct 2008 Melanie said

Melanie

Hey everyone! Thinking of booking this one. So its new years in london??

• 9 Oct 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

hey yeah it is over NYE and we are going to make it awesome. Hey heather that sounds like a good idea do you know if it is on the metro line cause we get a two day metro pass? We have the tower of terror on the goldie here and i hate it but it doesn’t stop me going on it

• 9 Oct 2008 Heather said

Heather

Hi Melanie, If you are going to book, do it now because I think the tour is filling up if it isn’t already.

I read the Eurostar doesn’t go there from Paris but there is a train that goes (I think you have to take 2 trains).What’s the goldie?? That ride is scary but I go on it too!

• 9 Oct 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

sorry local lingo it is the gold coast they brag that they had it first i think the other one that is worse is the giant drop now that i won’t go on. That is awesome to hear that it is filling up anyone know what is the max number of people on this tour

• 10 Oct 2008 Heather said

Heather

Ya tower of terror is the drop down one. Is the gold coast an area in Australia or an amunsement park? I really need to go to Aust. on my next contiki tour! I think 50 is the max people that can go. Since this one is over new years I think it will fill up. Spending NYE in London was the main reason I did this exact tour.

• 10 Oct 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

The gold coast is our major party beach area all the surfie bums hang out there hi9gh tourist area we have our schoolies their (like your spring break but most people are under age) It is also where most of the theme parks are located. I love the idea of NYE in london so far i have had to work or have been sick on every NYE since i was old enough to go out so i really want this to be BIG

• 11 Oct 2008 Heather said

Heather

I was sick on new years eve last year so I definitely want to make up for it this year too. I’m sure there will be lots going on in London.

• 12 Oct 2008 Denean said

Default_avatar

my new years was pretty crappy as well last year i went out clubbing..instead of going to party like i usually do… clubbing in brisbane on new years is pretty crappy!!!

so really looking forward to have a great time in LONDON!!!!

oh my i was just looking at the currency conversion form aus $$ to euro and pound… wow is it bad at the moment.. i really hope it goes back up at least a lil b4 we all go…

• 13 Oct 2008 Melanie said

Melanie

im all booked! im really worried about the aus dollar value too as I only started saving not that long ago! ah well i’ll just have to not spend any money till then!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.