Community_discussions_small  

Comment

dec 30 - january 7 London to Paris + 2

20 Sep 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488
Hey i am going on the dec 30 - jan 7 just wondering who else is going on this tour.
  • 13 Oct 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

yeah i have stopped looking at the dollar i am finding it to depressing i am just saving like crazy and am going to have to be very selective about what things i do and what souviners i buy. I am please to hear that the brisbane clubbing scene is pretty average on NYE i always wondered if i was missing something nice to know im not. i am just trying to save like crazy and nobody is getting xmas presents this year

• 13 Oct 2008 Heather said

Heather

Don’t feel bad, the US dollar isn’t doing so great now either, but it has gotten better since before the summer when I first started looking at tours. When it comes to souviners, just don’t buy crap that you won’t need later on. I’m doing 2 tours and am worried about having enough room in my suitcase for everything.

• 13 Oct 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

yeah this trip is a bit last minute for me so the crappy souviners that everyone seems to bring home were out of the equasion (???) i know several things that i want and i know i will have the money for them my photos are going to be my souviners. When i looked this morning it seemed that the AUD was getting a bit stronger thank god so atleast i will be able to do stuff like eat while i am over there (LOL) i too am worried about fitting everything in my suit case apparently if you post things home from amsterdam it is cheap as chips, but if you arn’t going there there is a little post office in Paris that is reasonable and it should take 4 weeks to get back home so you can empty your suit case and start over

• 13 Oct 2008 Heather said

Heather

At least we still have a couple months for the exchange rate to get better (though the US economy is in the crapper right now so I’m not sure if/how that will affect things). I thought about mailing things home but I don’t want to wait that long and I hear its way expensive. Since my second tour is longer, I will have to buy another small bag to carry stuff in since I can check 2 bags on the plane back home. 10 days isn’t too bad but I’ll be gone for 37 total and I’m bound to accumulate stuff!

• 14 Oct 2008 Denean said

Default_avatar

hahaha i have told my family the same… no xmas presents from me this year…
    i worked out that its only like 10 weeks until we will be in LONDON!!!! which really isnt that far away!!
    the last couple of weeks for me have gone soo fast..

also was thinking about the powerpoints over there… is anyone borthering about buying an adaptor.? for hair strighteners, to charge phones, charge cameras and stuff like that…. cos i heard from somewhere that most hotels over there have different types of powerpoints for all the tourists..? but wasnt sure if that was true..

• 14 Oct 2008 Melanie said

Melanie

i’m pretty sure most hotels have the different adaptors but not sure because it does have advice on the website of which ones to buy. I just know when I was in thailand they had them at the front desk for all the different countries. maybe just best buying one just in case.

• 14 Oct 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

i am going to buy the two different ones that i need (i am spending a month over there some by myself and some on another tour) because we can also charge things on the buses and i am not sure what power source they use to charge my ds and my ipod.

i can’t believe it is so close it is only 2 months away and i have like no money saved up. eek!

is anyone else starting to stress cause i am i can’t decide what to pack how much money to bring what happens if i loose my travelex card argh my mind just keeps ticking over

• 14 Oct 2008 Heather said

Heather

I don’t think the hotels provide adaptors so I would bring them just in case. Sucks that London and Paris use different outlets so we have to get 2. I’m really glad we can charge things on the coach though.

Don’t feel bad, I’m stressing about packing too!! They suggest packing 2-3 jeans and 2-3 tops… that is definitely not enough, especially if you are doing another tour like some people. I think the packing will finally be decided the day of when I see if everything actually fits and if I have to take anything out.

• 14 Oct 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

yeah i have to agree i just don’t think that what they suggest is enough but i also like you am going on a second tour and want to be able to fit in souvenirs i think i might check out my luggage limits on the plane and i might need to by a small bag while i am over there towards the end to fit all of my stuff in argh there goes more money.

I managed to solve one of my problems – not having enough memory on my memory card for my camera i am swapping my sister her memory card for my car while i am away i am being brave and am hoping i come back to it in one piece as she only just got her license

and i thought the same thing it sucks that they use different outlets does anyone know what the buses use cause i was thinking about getting one as a double adapter so i can charge two things on the bus.

• 15 Oct 2008 Denean said

Default_avatar

ohhhh im def freaking out!!!!! 2 months to save as much monay as i can. im freaking about where my luggage is going to go on the days that i get to the hotels b4 check in times… i HAVE no idea what to pack as in clothing wise… is it just going to be cold or will it be snowing..??? so many questions i keep freaking out about hahahhaha

i kinda just want to be one the plane already hahah so i hopefully can stop freaking out hahahhaha

but still looking forward to it!!!! cant wait until ill be in london =D

i have a friend in london at the moment he said he is having a blast… london is really nice,.. very expensive tho… and there is alot to see and do….

• 15 Oct 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

I am so please to realise i am not just some weirdo who is freaking out cause i thought it is just me the girl i am going with is all chilled and calm and is just like it will all be okay i feel like screaming NO IT WON"T we need to plan and make sure and make plans incase our plans fail. Oh god i am nurotic but i just want this to be so much fun and i don’t want anything to go wrong.

I to just want to be on the plane flying over because by that stage it is all out of my control. in a way i am pleased that i haven’t had very long to plan for this otherwise i prob would have driven myself insane.

also what is everyone else bringing to keep themselves occupied while they are on the bus for those loooooong bus rides??

• 15 Oct 2008 Heather said

Heather

April- That is mighty brave of you to trade memory cards for your car!! I don’t know how much memory cards cost in Australia but I found a great deal on an 8GB one for us$35. I’ll get that and an extra 2GB one just in case (I won’t open it so I can return it when I get back if I don’t use it).

I’m a planner so I want to know what I’m doing and make sure everything goes right on this trip. Being so far from home I want to make sure I have everything just in case. But I am trying to have more of a go-with-the-flow attitude but it’s hard. Some people plan their trip a year in advance so it makes me feel so last minute since I booked mine only 3 months ahead. I too would go crazy if I had that much time to worry about it!

• 16 Oct 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

yeah heather i know how you feel (btw does anyone know how to change your ID i set it up thinking it was just a log in name and now i can’t get it to change) my sister is really responsible (i hope) and i do trust her it is more so my car doesn’t sit around and she has a spare memory card. and as far as i can find even 4gb cards are like $60

i am the same i just want everything to go right because this is my first holiday in over 2 years and my first overseas holiday EVER i was so excited when i finally got my passport. i too am not really a go with the flow just isn’t my style.

• 16 Oct 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

Aha i managed to do it i was just changing the wrong thing

• 17 Oct 2008 Heather said

Heather

I’m not sure if they ship to Australia or if you have it there, but Best Buy is a big electronic store chain where I’m getting my memory card from. The only bad thing is if you got it from there, it would still cost a bunch since the Aus dollar isn’t as good compared to the US dollar right now.

• 17 Oct 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

yeah i know i am so over this crap dollar thing. I have found some cheap mirco sd cards so i think i will pick up a couple of those and my partner has a mirco to mini converter thinggy

• 19 Oct 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

TWO MONTHS ONE WEEK TILL WE GO AWAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 19 Oct 2008 Heather said

Heather

At this exact moment 10 weeks from now, I will be in the air on my way to London. I can’t wait!!!!

• 19 Oct 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

I know i am so excited i can’t wait

• 21 Oct 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

hey is anyone doing anything extra to keep away the contiki cough? i am thinking that maybe taking vitamins and vitamin c and bringing ecchancia i know i know i can’t spell it but i dont need to to use it

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion