Community_discussions_small  

Comment

dec 30 - january 7 London to Paris + 2

20 Sep 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488
Hey i am going on the dec 30 - jan 7 just wondering who else is going on this tour.
  • 11 Nov 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

ok so i researched it more and it is just the currencey you buy it in so you can either buy it in american australian euro or pound then you can use it in any country and get the exchange rate that you would get from that currency to the one you are spending it in, ie you buy it in euros then use it in london you get the euro to pound conversion but if you brought it in american dollars you would get the dollar to pound conversion.

Also if you use it like a EFTPOS card just pay for things with the card not take out cash it doesn’t charge you so you can just keep a small amount of cash on you for places that don;t have EFTPOS and the use EFTPOS everywhere else – less charges less money lost more money to spend YAY!!!!!

• 11 Nov 2008 Heather said

Heather

Ok, I get what you are saying about the card and currency. I know using it like a credit/debit card (not sure what EFTPOS is, we don’t have that in America) is safer because the card is protected but I think cash would be easier to deal with, like shopping in street markets or for little things. I’m taking a half day of work today so I’m going to stop by a travel office and talk to them about the money situation and see where to get the travelex card. I need to check the website again to see how many ATMs are available to take money out of with this card because if there are only a few, it might be a hassle trying to find one when we get over there.

• 11 Nov 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

it is all on the website with ours it is just anywhere that accepts visa. EFTPOS is like a debit card or credit card but you only have a pin and you can’t use it online or anything like that it isa cash card.

I PAID MY FINAL DEPOSIT TODAY FOR OUR HOLIDAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 45 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 12 Nov 2008 Denean said

Default_avatar

hey i have paid in full as well…

and i have bought my euro disney ticket also.. just so i wont have to wait in a huge line on the day to buy my ticket….

my ticket is for the 8/1/09 for going to euro disney.. just wondering if any one else is planning in def going to euro disney as well….

onlt 44 days to go!!!! yay!!!

im so excited!!!

• 12 Nov 2008 Heather said

Heather

I think I am just worried about having a hard time finding an ATM, especially since I will be in a bunch of other countries on the next tour. But I will probably end up getting it because it’s safer than cash.

Yay for paying off the tour!!!!!

I definitely want to go to EuroDisney. I thought about buying a ticket online now too to avoid the lines and to pay for it now instead of from later. From what I read, it’s valid for 1 year from the date of purchase which is nice since I’m not sure what day we would be going. So your ticket is for January 8, 2009?? According to my calendar, the tour ends on January 7 and I was going to go to Disney while on the tour, probably one of the last 2 days (one of the “+2 days in Paris”).

• 13 Nov 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

i was thinking about going on one of my extended days out to eurodisney world as it wil prob be something i want to spend the whole day doing. I also thought i herd something about buying your ticket and it being valid for a year or something and also i was thinking about going to both parks on the same day i think a few of us were discussing that earlier

• 13 Nov 2008 Heather said

Heather

The Disney website is really strange- when I looked at the listed ticket prices, it only shows a couple of them- one day/one park, 2 days/2 parks, and another multi-day/both parks. I was bummed because I thought we were not able to buy a one day park hopper ticket. But when I went to the ticket store on that same website (not sure how I navigated there), it shows all the ticket options including the one day park hopper which is what I want to get.

If anyone wants to check it out, here is the link. You just have to select your country.

http://www.disneylandparis.com/

• 13 Nov 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

10% on a 1 Day /2 parks Hopper Ticket
    Save 10% by Pre-purchasing a 1 Day / 2 parks Period Hopper Ticket. Terms & conditions apply.Ticket valid 1 day within 30 days following the selected date of visit.

Save 10% by Pre-purchasing a 1 Day / 2 parks Period Hopper Ticket!
    Adult 54€ (1)
    child (3–11 years) 46€ (1)
    Ticket valid within a period of 30 days starting from date of your choice from 08/11/08 to 03/04/09 inclusive.
    SEE FULL DESCRIPTION

so does this mean that we can pick an activation date for our ticket and then use it anytime for the month after that or is it a month after purchase or what????

I am a bit slow when it comes to understanding these things LOL Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Heather

I am slow sometimes too so don’t worry about it lol. It says you pick the expected date of using it and then you have 30 days from that date to actually use it. If I do order it online, I will put the day the first day we arrive in Paris since I’m not sure when we are going (at least some of us are going together, right??). If you select your country from the homepage, you should be able to pay in your country’s currency which is nice.

Heather

When you are booking, be careful of the date. I’m not sure how other countries write their dates but in Paris, they write the date as day, month, year (ex. november 13, 2008 = 13/11/08). I have to remember this because in America, we write the dates as month, day, year. Had to keep this in mind when I booked my Eurostar ticket from Paris back to London too.

• 14 Nov 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

hey thanks for that i was wondering if it was our way or backwards like yours. I was going to do the same thing make it the day that we get there because i was hoping that at least some of us were going to get to go together.

Does anybody have facebook???? if so add me my name is Samantha Constable – just leave a message that you are going on contiki with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 14 Nov 2008 Heather said

Heather

I love being an American but I hate that we do eveything different than the rest of the world!! As long as someone else is going I will buy my Disney ticket online in the next few days. If anyone else buys a ticket too, let me know so I don’t feel like the only one (since I’m not sure what day Denean is going).

One of the guys on my other tour made a facebook group but I don’t know how to do that (I’m new to face book). I’ll add you, my full name is Heather Woodhouse.

• 16 Nov 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

Hey everyone i managed to start us up a little facebook page so we can chat on there to. To find us just look up Contiki dec 30 – january 7 London to Paris + 2 – and you should get it and then become a member then we can all chat and when we get back we can share our photos and things like that!

I just have to talk to my friend to see if she wants a ticket as well but i will def be going with you so i will buy my ticket starting from the day we get to paris. Are you getting the two park one day pass one???

• 16 Nov 2008 Heather said

Heather

Here’s the link for the facebook page: (hope this works!)

http://www.facebook.com/inbox/?ref=mb#/group.php?gid=49511863040

Ok, I will get my ticket too. I am getting the one day, two park ticket. So is anyone else wanting to spend the whole day at the park, like open to close? Cuz I’m ready for it! haha

• 18 Nov 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

ok i am up for it my friend went to the disneyworld in america and so she isn’t interested in coming so i will buy my ticket soon. I am so up for dawn til dusk bring it on!

• 18 Nov 2008 Heather said

Heather

I have been to both Disney parks in America- the one in California and the one in Florida and I still want to go to this one in Paris!

I checked the hours for both parks and they both open at 10am. For Disneyland, they are open till either 10pm, 9pm or 7pm and the other park closes at 7pm or 6pm. So even though “all day” sounds like a lot, it really isn’t. And with going to both parks, we will need all day to see everything we want to see. Hopefully they have early trains that will get us there by 10am. New Years is a busy time so maybe it won’t be as bad since we will there a few days after new years.

• 18 Nov 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

yeah i totally agree i was hoping one of the parks was later that isn’t really much time we will need to catch a trian that leaves about 8:30 9:00ish cause apparentky yiu can catch a train but it takes an hour (nothing new for me i live like an hour out of the city)

• 18 Nov 2008 Heather said

Heather

Ya I was thinking we should leave around that time too. Though I’m not sure where our hotel is in relation to a station so we might have to take a train or 2 to get to the right train to get to Disney. The bad thing I heard is that often times, our hotels are a ways out of the city we are visiting. Like we might me 20 or 30 mins outside of Paris. I have tried a couple times to look up our Paris hotel online but can’t find it. I’m sure the TM can help us get it figured out when we start the tour.

Anyway, I don’t want to miss out on the extra 10% off on the tickets so I’m going to get mine tomorrow.

• 19 Nov 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

yeah me to i will get mine with my next pay – damn new tyres. Maybe being so far out could be a good thing casue we could be out the same way as disney land! lol hopefully!

• 23 Nov 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

Got my Ticket YAY!!!!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.