Community_discussions_small  

Comment

dec 30 - january 7 London to Paris + 2

20 Sep 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488
Hey i am going on the dec 30 - jan 7 just wondering who else is going on this tour.
  • 24 Nov 2008 Heather said

Heather

YAY…I got my ticket too!! I got nervous because when I tried the first time to get it there was some kind of technical error so I had to try again and it worked. I made my date from Jan. 2. That’s one less thing I have to pay for once I’m there so more money on other things.

I didn’t even think about us being closer to Disney since we probably won’t be right in Paris, that’s a good point. Let’s hope we are!

Less than 5 weeks now, 34 days…it’s coming up so fast!!

• 25 Nov 2008 Explorer1117312 said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I are coming on this tour too… we’re doing +2 in Amsterdam though. Is anyone else doing that?

We’re flying in from Toronto (I saw two other people on the other two threads who are doing that too… we should find out if we’re on the same flight!) and will arrive the morning of Dec 30th.

I’m getting pretty excited for this trip… just a month left to go!

How much money are you all planning to bring/spend?

• 26 Nov 2008 Heather said

Heather

Here is a website that I use to get the exchange rate:

http://www.exchange-rates.org/

XE.com is another good website but you have to input how much to convert whereas the above website gives you a quick glance at all the rates. Not sure how the Canadian dollar has been doing but the US dollar has been slipping a little lately Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

• 26 Nov 2008 Explorer1117312 said

Default_avatar

I believe we’re on that flight too! That’s exciting :-) We should exchange details closer to that date and maybe we can meet up at the airport.

Yeah… the Canadian dollar vs the Euro and Pound isn’t that great either :-(

• 28 Nov 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

hey for the new people you should join our face book group the web link is http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=49511863040&ref=ts
    also has anyone got there itenery yet? one of the guys in my other tour got his pack this week and I WANT MINE!!!! i am so excieted and i know that sounds a little spoilt child like but i want to know who what were when stuff cause i am so excited. This is my first ever real holiday and i just want it to start already!

• 1 Dec 2008 Heather said

Heather

I have not gotten my pack yet. We have a month before we go so I would think it should be coming within a week or 2, hopefully. Once I get that, I know I will be even more excited!!

• 2 Dec 2008 Explorer1117312 said

Default_avatar

I received my pack yesterday! So yours should be arriving soon Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Has anyone given any thought as to what we’re doing on New Years Eve? We’ll be in London… not sure if the TM will organize something for us or not…

• 2 Dec 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

Hey we did mention that earlier in the bit and thought that if our TM didn’t organise something that we would but i can’t see them not organising something because it would be huge!!! I am so excited i am not sure if my pack has arrived yet all my stuff is being delivered to my friends house so i will find out later todcay!!!! Yay

• 2 Dec 2008 LMB said

Default_avatar

Does anyone know how big our luggage can be?… can we bring a big suitcase and carryon?

More importantly… is anyone doing some serious shopping in Paris? I hope we can squeeze it in on the 2nd to last day of the trip (for those like me who did not do the 2 additional days thing). I am kind of worried after reading some posts that people’s stuff was stolen by hotel staff so hope to save the shopping til the end =/. I hope we go to a shopping district with the major labels – handbags (like LV) cost a LITTLE less there than they do here in the states so I want to take advantage of that.

• 3 Dec 2008 Denean said

Default_avatar

i got my PACK today!!!!!! im sooo exciuted now… cant wait!!!!

in the pack it tells you how big your luggage has to be can cant be bigger than a certain size other wise they wont take your luggage on the bues if its too big….it is something like no larger than 73cm x 50cm x 25cm…. and no heavier than 20 kg and with ur carry it says that you can have one carry on max weight 5kg…

and shopping well im doing as much shopping as a can in the time we can have free….

• 3 Dec 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

hurumph i still haven’t got my pack yet grr i want mine Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->.

I am going to do as much shopping as possible don’t worry too much about hotel staff just use a small padlock on your suit case that normally puts them off.

YAY like 23 sleeps till i leave YAY!!!

• 3 Dec 2008 LMB said

Default_avatar

Thanks for the info regarding luggage. I just got my package today but did not have a chance to look through all of it yet as I am busy cramming away. But YAY now I really feel like this trip is happening!

Yes, small padlock on suitcase for sure =) I am soooo excited!!

Remember how some of us were hoping the Moulin Rouge was offered on our trip? I saw it listed on the itinerary they mailed us in the package. Guess that means it is for sure offered this time?

Sam488 – when you posted you got your ticket… did you book the flight on your own and not through a contiki agent? I have not done international travel on my own so don’t really know the routine =/. I booked my flight through a contiki agent but did not get any plane ticket in my package. I did get a printout the airline info and reservation code. Do I just show up at the check-in desk at my airline on day of trip and tell them the ‘reservation code’?

• 4 Dec 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

My ticket was the ticket for disney world cause we were all talking about that just before hand. I have never travelled internationally but apparently it is all digital check in now so you just need that piece of paper and some id if it is the same as when we fly locally. I booked my flights seperaltly from contiki and they just printed off a sheet of paper that i have to give the check-in people

• 5 Dec 2008 Heather said

Heather

I got my contiki pack the other day!! And mine has moulin rouge on there as an optional as well so looks like we can do it.

I think overseas travel is like domestic travel, you get a print out that you just bring to the gate where your flight leaves. Not sure if they do this in other countries but 24 hours before the flight leaves, I can check in online and then I print my boarding pass and bring that to the airport. It saves on waiting in line at the airport.

• 6 Dec 2008 Sam488 said

Sam488

I am still waiting for my contiki pack grr! yeah we can do that automatic check in thing online as well which is good as it saves a lot of time waiting in line. I am kinnd of excited we just got a brand new international airport so that should be interesting.

That is sooo cool about moulin rouge i was hoping that that would be our optional i am not intersted in the optionals on the other tour (because they are all meals and apparently they arn’t very good) but i really want to do all of our extra things like stonehenge and bath and especially moulin rouge.

Does anyone know that amount of duty free alcohol we can take into england cause apparently it is different for every country???

• 10 Dec 2008 Heather said

Heather

I have no idea, sorry! I really need to do more research on that kind of thing. I don’t want any issues going through customs.

Less than 3 weeks..woohoo!!!

• 26 Dec 2008 Explorer1117312 said

Default_avatar

three days away!!!!!!!

• 5 Nov 2009 Simone said

Simone

Hey,
    I’m Simone, age 20, from Sydney, Australia.
    I’m doing the ‘London & Paris plus Paris extention’ 30 Dec 2009 – 07 Jan 2010, NYE in London.
    I’m also spending 2 extra days in London prior and 1 day extra in Paris post contiki tour.
    Anyone on the same tour?

• 8 Nov 2009 Pri said

Default_avatar

Hy Simone!

I’m also going! London, Paris ans Amsterdam!
    We will have some fun for sure!

Brasil rocks!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion