Community_discussions_small  

Question

theft?

18 Feb 2008 msznumeroUNO asked

msznumeroUNO
Hi guys, ive been reading alot on theft and pick pocketers in Europe, but i was wondering has anyone had any experiences in which something was stolen or anything bad like that happened while on tour in the USA?

im doing the BEST of USA tour in October this year and just want to be prepared for the worst..

If anyone can give any advice on this (other then the pacsafe bags which i will be looking at purchasing later on) that would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks
  • 18 Feb 2008 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Not worried about pickpockets at all … I’d be more worried about getting mugged. But you should be quite far from dodgy areas.

- Vic

• 19 Feb 2008 msznumeroUNO said

msznumeroUNO

oh gees thats made me more worried lol..

do you know if on the BEST of USA tour, we use the trains in NEW YORK at all? heard they’re not the best use of transportation over there lol

• 19 Feb 2008 Mic said

Default_avatar

I reckon it’s something to be cautious about, but not something to be worried about (if that makes sense).

• 20 Feb 2008 msznumeroUNO said

msznumeroUNO

okay thanks for the advice hopefully i should be okay .. haha

thanks again

• 20 Feb 2008 Kristi said

Kristi

I live in the LA area and I have never had a problem and have never known anyone that has had a problem w/ pickpocketers or getting mugged. As long as you are not walking down any dark alleys by yourself or are hanging out in bad parts of town you should be fine (and anyways you will in a large group the majority of the time).

• 24 Feb 2008 cdm115 said

cdm115

There are some pickpocketers in NYC, but nothing like in europe (especially Italy). Watch out for 3 card monte scams – they’re all a scam, but there not around much. The subways are safe, don’t be surprised to see lots of cops in the subways at times too.

I will say to be careful with taxi’s. The yellow ones are fine, but sometimes the liveries (black cars, generally, that people hire by calling the car service). Sometimes they are fakes or trying to scam you, avoid them, and go in a marked yellow taxi. They’ll meter you in the city, but it’s flat rate from the airports.

• 26 Feb 2008 msznumeroUNO said

msznumeroUNO

okay awesome thanks for the advice [=

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion