Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Multi Vitamins

6 May 2008 Explorer1096830 said

Default_avatar
Hey guys/girls

I've read quite a few times that it is recomended to take a multi-vitamin on your contiki tour to help prevent fatigue/coughs/etc.

I'm just wondering if there is any issues with taking a multi-vitamin in your luggage to another country?

A) you're taking tablets that could be anything
B) Multi-vitamins contain organic matter..

Has anyone had theirs confiscated or anything?

Thanks people! Razzer
  • 6 May 2008 gina said

Default_avatar

I travelled to Italy and London this year and never had any problems with taking vitamins. Just make sure they are in the original bottle and if you are really worried just pack them in your checked luggage instead of your carry-on. It’s really no different than taking Tylenol or other medications onboard with you.

• 6 May 2008 PinaI said

PinaI

I agree with Gina. Put them in your suitcase not your carry-on.

• 6 May 2008 Princessvixen said

Default_avatar

Hi
    I travelled to the states, u.k, europe and singapore in mid 2006 and I took a large jar of multi vitamins with me. I never had any problems. As long as you keep them in their original packaging. I still got sick though at the end of my contiki tour!

cheers
    lisa

• 7 May 2008 Gilly said

Default_avatar

I asked my doctor about multivitamins when I got myself immunised and his opinion is that they are a waste of money. He said you should just keep eating healthily. He recommended immunisation against the flu, Hepatitis A (the one you don’t necessarily get through sex) and advised Hepatitis B shots too. I don’t think there’s any foolproof way of avoiding bugs like the “contiki cough” in this situation.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.