Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Internet Cafe's/ Laptops

21 Apr 2008 LindsayElizabeth said

LindsayElizabeth
I was wondering if I should bring my laptop on my trip. It seems like it would be a huge pain. Has anyone brought theirs or has anyone found internet cafes widely available? They have computers for you to use at the cafes right? Someone, please set me straight!
  • 21 Apr 2008 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar

Internet cafes are widely available across Europe. They have lots of computer stations for you to use.

I see no compelling reason to bring a notebook computer on tour unless you are a serious blogger or studying for something.

• 22 Apr 2008 Katiebee said

Katiebee

Me and my husband bought our laptop, we were not only on contiki, but on a 6 week trip abroad so we used it often. On the contiki i found it handy just to use on the bus to write up what we had been up to, as it is easy to forget so much going on! We also used it to take our photos off our digital camera so we could re-use memory cards and keep it as a backup. We managed to get free wireless access on about 3 stops, so that was helpful. We didn’t have time to go and use an internet cafe, there was too much else to do, so i guess it depends on how much time you have at each stop, we did a 12 day tour, so were only in each spot for an afternoon/evening type thing. We went on a Concept hotel stay trip and some hotels had internet access (computer terminals) but usually only about 2 so they were always busy and expensive. I don’t know anyone else on our tour that used an internet cafe?
    We just carried the laptop in our backpack and left it in our hotel room during the day or on the bus.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.