Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Going alone first time

13 Jun 2007 eileen32 said

Default_avatar
Hi Everyone. I am new to this website and I was thinking of going on the Canadian tour in August. I have not gone on holiday on my own before and was wondering is it a great experience?

Thanks Eileen
  • 13 Jun 2007 Gail Anthony said

Gail Anthony

Hi Eileen

I did the Grand Southern tour in April. It was my first contiki trip and my first trip abroad by myself. I was really nervous but I shouldn’t have been. I met the most amazing people on my trip.

Most of which I am still in touch with and have met up with since getting back home.

Most people travel solo and are in the same situation as you and probably have exactly the same worries as you.

You’ll have a great experience. Personally, having done a trip solo, I wouldn’t do it any other way!

Hope this helps and good luck with your travel plans!

Gailx

• 14 Jun 2007 allyrome said

Default_avatar

I just came back from a much shorter trip with one of my friends, and in a way, I regret bringing her along. We planned this trip months in advance to see each other again, but we have different perspectives when it comes to nighttime activities. I felt like I didn’t spend time with her, but if she didn’t come with me, I would’ve never gone on my own. (Weird, isn’t it?)

Next time, I’m definitely going by myself and I’m not going to worry. On my tour, I had like, 6 best friends from three countries and talked to many more people along the way. If my next one is anything like this, it’s going to be fun.

Hope this helps and enjoy your trip.

• 14 Jun 2007 Ding said

Default_avatar

Hi there,
    You won’t have a worry in the world travelling alone on Contiki, you’ll be mates with most of the coach after the first night. You can also use this site to meet people who will be on your tour, so if you want someone to hang out with before and after the trip there is always plenty of takers. Believe me about this i’m about to do my 5th Contiki trip so I think I should know a thing or two about it, happy travels.
    Daniel

• 15 Jun 2007 eileen32 said

Default_avatar

Thanks Everyone for your advice. I appreciated it. I have booked myself to go on the Canadian and The Rockies on the 24th August. Can’t wait. Thanks again.

Eileen

• 15 Jun 2007 *Mellissa* said

*Mellissa*

i did the La to the Bay on Nov 06.
    i had met 2 friends throught the contiki forums before hand and would email etc before the tour.
    i was a lil nervous before thr tour but ont he first day everyone is the same so by the second day its like evryone is goodold friends.
    i really enjoyed doing it bymyself because you do meet good friends and people are all so very nice.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.