Community_discussions_small  

Question

Is 32 too old for the tours?

16 Jun 2008 Explorer1103591 asked

Default_avatar
Hi, I'm traveling with my boyfriend o/s for the first time next year and we were planning on doing the London to Athens tour July 2009. I will be 27 and he will be 32 and he is worried he will be too old for the tour. Whats the average age of the tours?
  • 16 Jun 2008 Jeremy said

Jeremy

I just got back from a budget tour and there were definitely a few in the over 30 crowd on the bus and they fit in just fine. Pretty much as long as you’re not too immature or mature for the situation you should be fine.

There are a lot of people that go on the tours to drink as well as see the sites, there is a lot of partying and late nights, and if you are ok with that and don’t let it bother you there should be no reason for you being ‘too old.’ You don’t have to partake, but just don’t get offended when other people around you do. That’s my best advice, other than that you’d fit in just fine and no one really cares about age, its just a number anyway.

I’m 22 and made good friends with a guy who was 18 and got along perfectly fine with another guy who was in his early 30s as well.

• 16 Jun 2008 Princessvixen said

Default_avatar

If 32 is old then god help me cuz i’m 34 in September and about to do another 2 contiki tours in the states. If any one dares call me old I will get a large cold fish and slap them around the head with it! Life does exist beyond 21!
    Cheers
    Lisa

• 16 Jun 2008 MJ said

Default_avatar

You’re just a kid LOL. I did my first tour last year and I was 34 (turned 35 and wasn’t even the oldest). Its all a state of mind as far as age goes.

Hey Lisa (prinessvixen) my bday’s in Sept too Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 17 Jun 2008 Cyphus said

Default_avatar

mmmmhmm! To enjoy the tour, everyone just needs to keep an open mind, lol. Not everyone is going to like everything (perhaps not into the partying VS more intellectual tours?), but you have to accept other ppl, in what they may want to do!

So yes.. open minds from everyone is a must Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I’m born in Sept too! Red Face<!--graemlin::o-->

• 17 Jun 2008 lady_o said

lady_o

All good things happen in September! My birthday is on the 13th

didn’t want to feel left out Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 22 Jun 2008 Griffmanjoe said

Default_avatar

So if I’m 31 but act like 21 does that make it okay?

Just kidding. I am simply more experienced in the partying arts! I can’t wait!

• 25 Jun 2008 Shane Penney said

Shane Penney

I just turned 32 yesterday. My wife is 33 years old. I don’t have any concerns about the age difference at all, aside from being able to keep up with people. I teach high school (16-18 yr olds). I’m used to being around a younger group of people.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion